cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Copy: Copying only Transaction data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have requirement to copy only transaction data from active version(000) to simulation version(300).

In standard transaction, We have only two options

1. Copy Master data only

2. Copy Master and Transaction data

Could you please let us know if there is a way to copy transaction data alone without updating master data.

Regards,

Sagar Dodla.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar

I dont think there is way to copy only transactional data in simulation version using /SAPAPO/VERCOP.

There is a workaround to it, i.e if you want to copy only some specific key figures into simulation version (which already has the master data, but you want to update only some part of transactional data), you can take a backup of those key figures from 000 version into an infocube and then from the infocube upload it back into 300 version with program /SAPAPO/RTSINPUT_CUBE. In this way you dont have to update the master data, just have to propose the key figures you want to be updated.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Can we take the backup of order series key figures data into cube from 000 version? and also

Can we load the same data from cube to simulation version as order series data?

Regards,

Sagar D.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar

It can be taken, use this program /SAPAPO/TS_PAREA_TO_ICUBE.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagar, also check this before you extract data, http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/e0/9088392b385f6be10000000a11402f/content.htm

Thanks

Venkat

Edited by: venkateshrv on Feb 17, 2011 4:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need the new simulation version for both master data and transaction data. Master data is only initial copy and transaction data will be updated daily from active version.

We don't want to copy master data as the master data changes in simulation version should not be overwritten.

Are there any function modules to copy orders(Planned, Purchase, stock orders etc..) separately from active version to simulation version?

-Sagar Dodla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below steps for Copying Transaction data only

1. Create two additional inactive versions for simulation purpose.For EX :- 200 & 300

2.First copy Master and Transaction Data in to version 300.

3. Copy Master data only from Version 000 to Version 200.

4.Store the initial Master data in the version 200.

5. Copy daily Master and Transaction Data from 000 to version 300

6. Then Copy Master data only from Version 200 to Version 300.

Please define different steps of the jobs with variants will serve the purpose.

We need to analyze what if scenarios in Simulation version for that if we copy the transactional data daily in to SIM version what we are going to simulate in that version.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried this option.

Step 6 for copying master data back to 300 version is deleting the transaction data in 300.

As I know, version copy with either the option available, it first deletes the version and then recreates the version with the option we gave like copy only master data or copy both.

-Sagar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sagar,

I think there is no way to copy transaction data alone. This is specifically not provided because it is not recommended to copy transaction data alone, as it can lead to inconsistency.

Regards

Mani Suresh