Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to restrict Reporting by Query name in BI7

Hello Fellow !

i asked to restrict the users to edit a specifice Queries so,from my experiance the restriction shoulde be like that:

in the authorization objects S_RS_COMP / S_RS_COMP1 i restrict the following fields:

ACTVT (activity) - 02

RSINFOAREA (InfoArea) - Z*

RSINFOCUBE (InfoCube) *

RSZCOMPID (NAME id of reporting component) that contain the Query i want to restrict

RSZCOMPTP ( Type of reporting component)*

when i test the role with the restriction above by USERTEST the USERTEST i running the role with can able to edit all Queries not just what i restrict, i start to exploer this case by running a trace on this USERTEST , and found out that the SAP doesn't check the all fields in the S_RS_COMP, he checks only the ACTVT (activity) field , for those who know how the ST01 work (system trace) the Anlaysis trace shows the next line:

S_RS_COMP RC=0 RSINFOAREA= RSINFOCUBE= RSZCOMPTP= RSZCOMPID= ACTVT=02

except the ACTVT=02 field the rest fields was empty meanning the sap system from some reason doesn't check them

according to this ones you got Authorization to change (ACTVT=02 ) you can edit any query you want

i also check the anlysis authorization since i work with BI7 and added the all characteristics refers to those fields with full Authorizations * (asterisk) and the same results, is there something i miss that maybe related to BI7 ???

best regards

Zaki

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question