cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling SAP Transaactions in Webdynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement, i have 4 link to actions in view, and created different views for all links. I creat viewuielement container in mainview and i embed all views in that. Now I want to call sap transaction when i click perticular link to action and i have to display perticular transaction in that view. is it possible in webdynpro or only in portal side.

Thanks

Madhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Yes It is possible in WDA as well as in Portal.

we can use ITS for tat. In View Container UI element call view in which u have to create IFrame then set this url to the IFrame :

http://<domain>:<port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-client=800&~TRANSACTION=<transaction name>

since IFrame is deprecated u can call this in external window using Window Manager.

reply me if u need some more clarifications..

Thanks,

Regards,

Kiran

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

No you can not directly embed a classic dynpro transction within Web Dynpro ABAP. Recommended solution is to use the NetWeaver Portal and portal eventing and have multiple iViews within a page.

You could use an iFrame UI element and host the SAPGUI for HTML within the iFrame. There are several warnings about this approach. The iFrame is deprecated in 7.0 and 7.01, but returns to full status in 7.02. Also this approach will always create a sepate user session with its own locks when running within the iFrame.