cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespace creation options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I need to create a TS, for the EHP4 installation. In the log file explains which are the command for to do this.The command will be the first,not?

1. These are examples for brspace commands to extend/create the required

2. tablespaces. You can adapt them according to your own needs.

3. Add option '-c force' to call the commands in batch mode.

4. Change option '-autoextend' to 'yes' and set '-maxsize' and '-incrsize'

5. to create autoextensible segments.

brspace -function tscreate -tablespace PSAPSR3701X -owner SAPSR3 -data both -size 20000 -autoextend no

brspace -function tsextend -tablespace PSAPSR3701X -size 20000 -autoextend no

brspace -function tsextend -tablespace PSAPSR3701X -size 20000 -autoextend no

brspace -function tsextend -tablespace PSAPSR3701X -size 9869 -autoextend no

But I want to set the autoextend to yes, but I´m not sure what to put in the paremeters -maxsize and -incrsiz

More thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-maxsize = 20000

-incrsiz = 1000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The size of max grow is 20000MB for example the disk have 25000MB, and each time the the tablespace is full,It will created a datafile with 1000MB of free space? It´s correct?

More thanks

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no, this is NOT correct.

Oracle DOES NOT create data files.. it only handles auto-growth of EXISTING data files.

So, if you plan to grow 80GB, create 4 small data files with each autoextendable to 20GB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The size of the tablespace that I have created is 70000MB. The option to create the tablespace is maximum 32gb with brtools . How I have to do this?

I create a tablespace with size then add two datafiles x 35 GB or must I have created a tablespace of 70 GB?

More thanks

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as you cannot create datafiles more than 32GB, you will need to create 3 files:

32gb

32gb

6gb

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don´t understand the concept of size of tablespace. The size of tablespace is over the datafiles.

More thanks

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

basically:

1 tablespace is made of 1 or multiple datafiles.

each datafiles can grow up to 32B if blocksize is 8KB.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rruben,

You have also got options to set Autoextend later using Brtools. Even if you skip the step now later you can perform these actions on any of the tablespaces listed.If you have any rough idea on how much space you would be requiring to complete EHP operations then you can set the maxsize value accordingly. Usually incrsize will be in a step of 5-10 GB any tablespaces as far i kinow.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos
But I want to set the autoextend to yes, but I´m not sure what to put in the paremeters -maxsize and -incrsiz

These values depends on your installation, database size, space availability. You may want to refer to the following link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maxsize defines the maximum file size of the new datafile you create - up to this maximum the file can grow. So make sure that you have enough free space in your filesystem so that the new datafile can allocate that defined max_size.

On the other hand the initial size defines how large the file will be upon creation and after that the incr_size defines in which steps the datafile will grow until it reaches its maximum size.

Therefore set the parameters according to your filesystem space available and your standards.

Kind regards,