Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**Plant in abroad**

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sap seniors,

Recently I had been to an interview, and been asked a question;

If you have a plant in U.K and plant in Germany, how would you determine ? How would you maintain?

can you explain the process.

My answer was Plant can be determined by CMIR+ MMR+CMR and now was this a wrong answer, if it is so how, please help to understand me.

Regards,

Venky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridhar_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plant abroad is designed for the the companies which have plants in Europian countries. The Inter EU trade statistics and goods flow required Plant abroad is maintained. To configure this Img-sales and dist.-basic functions-taxes-Plant abroad, has to be done. You need to configure all under this head.

Besides You also need to maintain special pricing procedure RVWIA1 in OVKK.

In V/08 You need to maintain condition types WIA1, WIA2, WIA3 for input tax destination country, Output tax departure country, and Output tax destination country respectively.

WIA1- Based on pricing conditions

WIA2- Based on 0% deliveries in EU (within EU)

WIA3- Based on 100% discount for stock transfers within plant transfers

Billing is for the tax differences which is handled by FI guys.

Plant abroad in Sales and Distribution in E.U countries plays vital role as the consignment and replenishment applies for this.

Input tax and output tax have same percentage and for that reason the posting of tax is zero (0).

However I also like to present this link for your references:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/34/60b19dae724effe10000009b38f91f/content.htm

Regards,

Saplinx

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venky,

Earlier it was necessary to have the Country of the Company Code & Country Plant to be the same.

But now with Plants Abroad functionality designed by SAP specially for European countries where say a Company Code in France can have Plant in Germany & need not pay Tax for Goods movement from Plant in Germany to Storage Location in France.

There are maily Tax settings in FI for Plants Abroad.

All the SD related settings for Plants Abroad are at IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Taxes - Plants Abroad

Also, as Mohit has rightly pointed above, you get get ample imformation if you search on Google for Plants Abroad in SAP.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venksys,

you can search over the net or even refer glynn.c.williams for this

go through this link mught help you

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/Plants+Abroad

Revert if helpful

Mohit Singh