cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.2 config Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have just installed the SAp Gui 7.2 in our Terminal Server (Windows 2008). In the option of the SAP GUI 7.2 i can set the local path of the local configuration files. When I set the a different local path it change only the path for the sapshortcut.ini, saplogon.ini and saplogontree.xml.

But It do not change the path of the sapmsg.ini and saproute.ini. How I can change the path of these files?

Thank you for help.

sincerly

Arne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

We want on our Terminal server that every Terminal User have the SAME ENtries in the saplogon. We don´t want use the c:windows directory for the ini-files. So we have choosen e.g. the c:appdatasapgui dir for all sap ini-files.

Is it not possible to set the directory for the sapmsg.ini and saproute ini to anothedir like c:appdatasapgui. Perhaps I can set a registry entry to change place of these files?

With SAP Gui 7.1 it was possible to change the registry. But SAP Gui 7.2 use different registry settings.

sincerly

Arne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arne

that is right, but the 2 mentioned files SAPMSG and SAPROUT ini was always stored in

the C:\windows folder.

Other applications are also used these files, and therfore you can not change the patch for these files.

br

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check note 1442303 for SAP GUI 720.

Let me know when exactly you are trying to achieve, maybe i help with a better solution.

Yogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

the path to the SAPMSG.ini and/or SAPROUTE.ini can not be cahnged. It is impossible.

Please read also the note #1409494

br

Sven