cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap open text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can anyone please tell about this OPEN TEXT.How do we implement Opentext and how is it different from DMS.I have worked on DMS implementations ,but new to this OPENTEXT.

We have a requirement in Opentext implementation.Please suggest as how do we proceed.I couldn't find any standard documentation also on the same.

Regards,

Sandhya..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP of late has got into sales and support of Opentext(a content management solution).SAP has named Open Text as their preferred Records Management solution going forward.

Difference: SAP DMS and Opentext are solutions for separate requirements.SAP DMS is designed for technical documents like engineering drawings, designs, specifications(frequently edited) with rich features while Open Text solution caters to requirements involving scanning and attaching documents to transactions. Open text has scan options to allow you to scan, read barcodes and attach directly to a customer.

IMO,a SAP sales representative would be the ideal point of contact for taking the engagement forward.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep,

But why do we need to go for seperate User Licenses for opentext.

Functionality wise DMS and opentext look same as we attach the documents to the transactions except for the scaning feature.

Is there any standard document available to get more info on OPEN TEXT and its functionalities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the probable reasons that i can think of is because SAP is into reselling Opentext(and hence licenses).

However,as indicated in my earlier response,these solutions cater to specific requirements.There are couple of online support sites http://www.opentext.com/2/global/products/products-opentext-digital-asset-management-for-sap (or for that matter you may reach out to your local SAP Sales) that would be the right candidates to clarify more on the licensing part and solution offerings.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...my doubts are solved.

Answers (0)