cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD Agent 711 Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed SMD Agent 711 on my Satellite System and it went through successfully. I used connection to Message Server on port 80XX. However the agent under "Agent Administration" in my Solution Manager System gives the status STATUS_FAILED.

In the SMDSystem.0.log in my Satellite System there is an error as follows

[Thread[Thread-14,5,main]] Error Cannot find starter application 'com.sap.smd.agent.application.runtime'.

I tried deploying the the same starter application from the "Applications Management" tab of Agent Administration in Solution Manager but it gives me the following error

2011.02.16 00:08:54, Failed to retrieve the archive content from the repository - archive: com.sap.smd.agent.application.runtime_7.01.7.0.20100326101555.war

Please help me out. Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Preetham,

Can you to check the content of the <SID_AGT>_SMDA<

INSTANCE_NUMBER>_<hostname>.

It should contain, among the others properties:

smd/agent/type=711

jstartup/instance_properties =

$(DIR_INSTANCE)/SMDAgent/smdagent.properties

if this does not help then please re-install the agent with 7.20 (recommended) and not use SLD for

registration.

Please check the SAP Note No. 1368413 at section "2.2 Diagnostics Agent version to install".

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Thanks for the reply.I checked the contents but we have

smd/agent/type = 710

We contacted SAP and they asked us to apply patch 2 on LM Service 7.01 SP 07. We did that but the problem persists.

Kindly provide your valuable suggestions

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use message server for Java.

In my case SCS 01, then 8101

PLease check this doc "Diagnostics agent troubleshooting". You can find in the media library in www.service.sap.com/diagnostics

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Emili,

Thanks for the reply. It was a typo. I did use 81XX

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

profile datas are fine, here 'com.sap.smd.agent.application.runtime' is the general runtime application for RCA. issue seems with the host agent ,Host agent is integrated with smd agent, hence SAP asked yu to patch the LMSERVICE,this couldnt fix your issue please how did you register your SMD agent?

have you done througH SLD registration?if yes Is it extracting the data and posting in RCA of you solution manager?if not we have to verify that did you correctly register in the Solution manager agent registration

Please refer to the Diagnostics Agent Troubleshooting Guide available in http://service.sap.com/diagnostics -> media library

Jansi