cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Report Not getting on EHP4 System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now iam configuraing EWA Report for EHP4-SP05 sytems,iam getting the EWA Report successfully in my development system.

I did same settings in production server also,iam not getting the EWA Repeort.

In SDCCN when iam creating maintenace package,refresh sessions after finishing successfully disappearing from screen,not generating any early watch alerts.Here iam sending the maintenace package and refresh session log.

Maintenance Package Log :

Maintenance Package completed

Updating license data completed from destination SM_HMSCLNT100_BACK [Maintenance Package]

Not due, due every 7 day(s), last successful run 15.02.2011 11:26:04

Get License Data from destination SM_HMSCLNT100_BACK :

Not due, due every 7 day(s), last successful run 16.02.2011 12:07:17

Refresh service definitions from destination SM_HMSCLNT100_BACK :

Refresh sessions from destination SDCC_OSS :

Not due, due every 7 day(s), last successful run 15.02.2011 11:25:13

Delete old session and log data :

Maintenance Package started

Refresh Sessions Log :

Refresh of session overview completed from destination SM_HMSCLNT100_BACK

Sessions are up to date

Session is ignored due to unknown type EWALERT SolMan

Session is ignored due to unknown type EWALERT SolMan

Refresh of session overview started from destination SM_HMSCLNT100_BACK

Guide me for the same.Where iam going get wrong.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all make sure that your Back RFC is correctly configred..

1. Correct Client-SID

2. No trusted connection.

3. No current user.

If it is right and still you are receiving the error, you need to refresh the service definitions. Please delete and replace them

as described in note 727998 and then check if the problem remains.Execute the procedures of note 727998 in both systems.

Please let me know the result.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Back RFC is working fine.I deleted and replace the service definations.

EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager task created when i start now this task iam getting below information on log :

Maximum number of retries reached ( 0003 ) 1000000000054 0000000005 EWALERT SolMan for 2011021614

Data collection failed for session 1000000000054 EWALERT SolMan

No valid service EWALERT SolMan

Data collection started for session 1000000000054 EWALERT SolMan

New data collection triggered using reference session TSKR000000009

Session download data requested using task 0000000005

Session rescheduled 1000000000054 0000000005 EWALERT SolMan for 20110216140000 ( attempt 0002 )

Thanku

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This looks like a network block! Could you please check in SDCCN -> Goto -> Settings -> Task Specific -> RFC destinations, the back RFC is maintained there?

I hope you haven't received any errors while refressing the definitions.

Now, start the task refresh sessions. Once done, please execute the following steps.

1) Highlight the required EWA on the date required.('Done' tab)

2) Edit -> Reactivate

3) Click on "To do" tab.

4) Highlight the required EWA

5) Edit -> Start now

Let me know the results.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks,In SDCCN -> Goto -> Settings -> Task Specific -> RFC destinations, back RFC is maintained here its working fine.

I did the below steps.

1)Highlight the required EWA on the ('Done' tab)

2) Edit -> Reactivate.

Then i started the required EWA.After iam starting its failed and shows in the log as below.

Session rescheduled 1000000000054 0000000005 EWALERT SolMan for 20110216180000 ( attempt 0001 )

Data collection failed for session 1000000000054 EWALERT SolMan

Data collection started for session 1000000000054 EWALERT SolMan

New data collection triggered using reference session TSKR000000007

Session download data requested using task 0000000005 by BASIS.

Thanku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it depicts again your service defintions failing, Have you create the task refresh session definiton? since these picks the EWA tasks to populate its SDCCN list of tasks

Please check

Jansi

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello.

This error "No valid service EWALERT SolMan" in your SDCCN log is still indicating there is an issue with the service definitions.

Since the Solution Manager system will be the source for the Satellite's Servicce Defintions have you first replaced them on your Solution Manager system, and then on your Satellite system? Reason being if the definitions on Solution Manager for the satellite system have a problem, you would keep replacing them with ones that may have issue. So please try replacing them in Solution Manager with the RFC destination SDCC_OSS and then on the Satellite system using the *_BACK RFC.

This should address the SDCCN errrs in the EWA task log.

Regards,

Paul

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Intersting! Have you executed the steps in 727998 in both the sytems? The issue seems to be with service definitions if your back RFC is working fine. Have you checked the connection and authorization test for your back RFC? is it pointing to the right client?

Rajeev

0 Kudos

Hello,

If you didn't flag the Solution Manager as "master" the satellites are taking the information from SAP via SDCC_OSS.

You have two possible solutions:

A) You can set the master flag, review SAP Note: 727998

B) If the master is not set in the satellite systems you must check SDCC_OSS destination.

In tx: SM59 reivew the RFC Back SM_<SID>_CLNT_BACK.

Regards,

Maythe Organista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all,iam getting EWA report.SDCC_OSS rfc connection problem in solution manager.

Thanku

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the BACK RFC is working, then please check that the user that is defined in the back RFC is not locked or the password has not expired.

Have you gone into SDCCN - Task Specific - RFC destination - Hightlight the RFC and hit 'F8' to test the RFC destination as well?

Regards,