former_member225637
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I have a question regarding GATP check

scenario is like this

1) Create a Sales order in a plant

and there are 10 supply DC

consider we are into batch management and the stocks are in Batches with production date and Expiry date

when i create a sales order for qty 1000 , system must do ATP check in all the plants and pick the right batch according to the expiry date

how to handle in GATP

what are the basic steps for configuration and master setup

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

*system must do ATP check in all the plants and pick the right batch according to the expiry date*

ATP check and batch determination are unrelated things. Batch determination follows ATP check. but the SLED parameter may not be able to determine batches for the entire confirmed qty as there may be some bacthes that do not qualify the SLED parameter (assume only warehouse stocks being in scope of check) and this may not have been blocked before hand in say a separate stor loc that is excluded from ATP qty

If you want to do ATP check at all locations..then remember that the check is happening at potentailly different material availability dates. It might be prudent to sort all the batches by remaining shelf life..and that might mean if the order qty is 1000.. then you might have 5 plants and 9 batches meeting the criteria based on oldest stocks first.(assuming this is what you would like to do). You then need to create five different line items in the sales order with different delivery plants and then immediately create delivery and do the picking,.

Let me know if you discover a neater solution around this. You can also try global location determination (and a rule control strategy appropriate) in RBA and see if the proposal is as per the expected result. I have my doubts on this. Also to be considered are delivery group correlation to ship the entire qty at one. So you might have to pack 5 deliveries in one shipment..and probably one invoice?

Regards,

Loknath