Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order and MIP selection

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement, please expalain whether it is possible or not in SAP?

The Material is updated with the quality view and also have the MIP with diff.MICs.

Say the effective date is 15.10.2010.So if the purchase order has been generated

on or after 15.01.2011, it will take the current MIP at the time of GRN

Now if any changes has been made in the MIcs, it will create the new version, as in the

Plant settings the history requirement has been maintained.It will updated in resp. MIP

in QS27. Now the MIP is with the new versions of MICs, say an ex. this was updated on 01.02.2011

If any Purchase order has been generated, and made the GRN against it, the inspection

lot will have the new versions of MICs, as it is a std behavior of SAP.

Now the requirement is such that, if purchase order is created between 15.10.2010 to

31.01.2011, then system has to create the inspection lot with the old MICs(e.g. version 01)

And if the purchase order has been generated on or after the 01.02.2011, it should

pick up the revised veersion of MICs(e.g. version 2)

If you have came across such requirment then please share your views

Many Thanks,

Hrishi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Inspection lot will be created in the system, when the goods receipt document is posted (t-code: MIGO). If the MIGO posting is on or after 01.02.2011, despite the PO creation date, the MIC's assigned to the inspection plan would be the new MICs only.

For this requirement of yours, create a new 'group counter' for the inspection plan. Manual assignment of the plan to the MIGO document can solve your problem.

Regards

Vrishali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hrishi

As you have maintained "History change" in the Plant level then I presume that you also have maintained the "Replace MIC" at client level.

This will automatically replace the MIC in the task lists when you update/change it.

The requirement that you have mentioned is suffice by default by sap when you do so.

what i mean is if Inspection lot is created prior to change of MIC/task list old task list will be attached.If you change a Task list/mic & create a fresh PO then new inspection lot will be with new changes.!!

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Yeah! the settings was also maintained at the client level, but the major issue is that

system has to remember whether it is old or revised MIP when the purchase order

is created, means system has to recognize the MIP while doing the GRN against the

purchase order.

As i said before, say an exaample if the Purchase order created on 15.01.2011 at that

time old MIP is there and some changes made in the MICs and it replaced in the MIP on

17.01.2011 And after that purchase order created.

Now at the time of GRN say an example on 16.02.2011, purchase order created on 15.01.2011

has to pick up the old MIC and the purchase order created in 17.01.2011 has to pick up

the revised MIP.

How it can be psossible in SAP?

Hope i clear the things

Please note that the MIP pick up during the GRN should be automatic

Hrishi

Edited by: Hrishi on Feb 16, 2011 12:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me put it in this way

Purchase order created on 15.01.2011

MICs and it replaced in the MIP on 17.01.2011

GRN say an example on 16.02.2011

First make it very clear in your mind that task list assignment has nothing to do with PO.Task list assignment happen during GRN.

Now whatever changes are available during creation of GRN irrespective of PO dates ,always current task list(updated or not) will be attached.

so when you do GRN on 16th & changes in task list made on 17th the old task list will be attached to inspection lot.

If new GR made after 18th then new changes will be applicable to the new inspection lot.

Also remember that If the group counter of task list with new & old changes are different then possibly we would have tried to user some user exit in the selection of task list but as all data gets overwritten for new task list different selection is not possible.

I hope I have made you understand.!!!

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats true!,

At the time of GRN, system will pick up the current MIP for the resp. material, to resolve this requirement i created the 2 MIPs with the description of its effective date and the changes made in MICs are replaced with the old one and not with the another one.

Now when did the GRN, system created the inspection lot with the status 'CRTD' as system unable to recognize which is the correct task list to be pick up. Hence user has to go to the Inspection Lot tab and then select the task list which is as per the date of the purchase order. But this flow is very difficult if implemented.

Any suggestion to go further after this settings

Many thanks,

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

use user exits

QPAP0001 Enhancement - plan reading

QPAP0002 Enhancement for material/plan assignment, plan selection

Here mention the logic date & take help of abaper

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit for your valuable time,

I will check these USER exit and if succeed then will let you know.

Many Thanks,

Hrishi