Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmware SAP installation

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Iam very new to SAP . i want to install sap ecc 6.0 on my sytem for practice purpose .iam getting training on enterprise portal with web dynpro java so i have to install portal server also . i heard that sap ecc 6.0 will be having 3 stacks(abap,java,abap+java) which stack has to be installed for practicing web dynpro java and enterprise portal.

My system is having 160 gb harddisk and 1gb ram .i think that this hard ware is not sufficient for installing ep+ecc server on my desktop system. i heard about the vmware about maintaining virtual server . will my system hard ware is suffient to install

sap ecc 6.0 + ep server on vm ware plat form . speed does n't matter to me . i want to install all these servers with out upgrading my hard ware . Is vmware is mysolution or is there any solution

Thanks in advance . The solution for this help me very much.

Thanks and regards

prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check install guides for minimum requirements

www.service.sap.com/instguides

regards,

John Feely

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

your hardware is not sufficient enogh to install ECC 6. You'll need at least intel Pentium 4 (core 2 duo would be nice) and min. 4 GB memory.

if you want to install on vmware then your hardware would need more resources than that since your virtual in which you'll install ECC 6 have to be this spec (you'll need at least intel Pentium 4 (core 2 duo would be nice) and min. 4 GB memory).

ardhian

http://sapbasis.wordpress.com