cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Cost Planning update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I am now working on easy cost planning tool. What I have seen is when I assign materials for cost planing in ECP tool , they get updated in S-ALR_87013532. We are doing this planning for reference.

But When we assign them under CJ20N for various movements, plannned cost gets updated twice. One because of ECP and one because of CJ20N.

So what to do ? Unit costing is better option in this case because S-ALR_87013532 doen't show planned value with CJ40 i.e. Unit costing method.

Girish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your planned cost gets updating because network cost planning is active.

Either you make the changes in OPSV or in network header set do not calculate planned cost.

Tnx.

Abdul.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you did not check my post earlier...

>

> Hi,

>

> Your planned cost gets updating because network cost planning is active.

>

> Either you make the changes in OPSV or in network header set do not calculate planned cost.

>

> Tnx.

>

> Abdul.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

I come across SAP help and read that When network costing is not there then we use CJ40.

My concern is different.

I am assingning some equiments to my project. So running cost of each equipment per day I am assigning activity type. So while planning when I am assignign these internal activities to my project tentative planning cost I come to know. So accordingly i quote.

These values gets reflected in all PS reports as it is done with ECP.

But when I am assigning materials for planning purpose in ECP , they generate cost. This is the planning phase.

So when I actually assign materials to my project , then PS reports again updated with double value.

CO version alone can't do anythng because I want planning partially in ECP and again partiallly with normal CJ20N.

So do not calcualte plannned cost in network header alone works ?

Girish Lashkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnk u very much Ravi Sir.

When doing Easy Cost Planning then it shudn't ask me CO version. When I use CJ40 then I am doing with Project Version 0 for Planing but it is not updated in S_alr_87013532 report , I am using same CO version 0 in report while executing it.

Please provide me d guidance

Girish Lashkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

The version for ECP is defined in customizing.Refer the documentation of the SPRO node "Define CO version of Easy Cost planning"

The CJ40 plan does not update all the PS reports because it is just an Hierarchy planning and does not update your cost elements.You can view the CJ40 plan in CNS41 report as Project Cost Schedule.

Regrads

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Girish

Your planned cost gets updated twice because you made both the planning the in the same CO version 0.

When you are doing preliminary costing for referance you should use a seperate CO version.Refer Sap Help, it clearly describes both the usages of ECP, 1) Project Processing Concentrating and 2)Preliminary Costing.