cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment from putaway to pick location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear folks

I have a scenario with my current assignment. Just been thinking and trying out several options to see if we can do some work around to map it with the standard system.

The client has got 2 storage locations that are WM managed. One is GR location where the material will be putawayed and other is pick location from where the material will be shipped. Based on the OB delivery requirement that material will be transferred and placed in the pick location where it will be finally packed and shipped. Is there a function in SAP that can automatically trigger TR/TO's to replenish stocks from the GR location to pick location based on the material availability in the pick location? Basically the TR/TO's has to be created to transfer stock from GR location to Pick location seeing the storage space availability/quantity that can be stored in the pick location.

Can this be mapped using capacity planning coupled with replenishment control in WM? And if so any guidelines regarding that? Is there any other solution to map this requirement?

Thanks

Ak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure why you have two St Locations when your situation could be handled using one and then St Types for putaway and picking

Using this org structure would allow you to set min max quantities in the picking bins and replenishments would be triggered automatically when the min qty is reached and then these couls be actioned using LP21 and you can chooese to activate these replenishments whenever you require

Your scenario requires st loc to st loc transfers and I am not sure if one st loc can see bin capacity in another

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Frenchy. This is the requirement that I got from business. The reason for having a pick location is to facilitate the pick and pack function(physical process will be performed)

So whenever the stock situation in the pick location comes below a particular/predefined level the material from putaway location should be transferred to the pick location wherein it will be packed and waiting for orders to comein.

Rgds

Ak