cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification for IDOC that delayed 20 minutes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to setup an email notification that to detect the IDOC from when it have been created, when it have elapsed for 20mins, the system will send an email to the person incharge.

Is this possible ?

I am currently using R/3 SAP 4.7 & Solution Manager 7.0.

Best Regards,

Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can do this easily from PI point of view , IDoc will have creating time , compare this with PI System time , based on that you can send email

but why this delay happens?? when ever IDoc's create in ECC this will be send it to PI same time , if you have maintained cofnigurations perfeclty.

if delay is happening ask your functional team to check the busisness configurations .

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Do you meant I need to develop a abap program in PI system that can compare the IDOC's creation time and the PI system's time ?

Best Regards,

Ken

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you dont required any ABAP Program, IDoc it self will have Creation date time field , if value notcoming then ask your abap team to send the creating date.

you can compare in mapping level it self with PI System date. based on that you can send an email.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually I have a very limited knowledge with PI.

Do you mind to briefly describe about how can I achieve that in PI mapping level if possible?

Best Regards,

Ken

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I have not much experience in SAP R/3 system. But while working in XI I get connected to R/3 systems. Whenever an Idoc is created, the date and time of creation are stored in a table within the system. Most probably the name of the table is EDIDC-CREDAT and EDIDC-CRETIM. Now you need an ABAP code which runs continuously is background and will take inputs from these tables and compare with current system time. If the diffrence in time is more than 20 mins emails will be triggerred by the program. The list of email-id's can be obtained from another table. If you need to know about ABAP codes for triggerring emails then you can have a look at the below link

regards

Anupam