cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI conceptual question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good afternoon:

We are currenlty moving into SOA and we'd like to use Netweaver as our ESB but I have a conceptual question right now:

- If my applications consume the web services provided or registered in the Services Registry, will I be using the Process Integrator implicitly??

We want to register web services and use the web services registered in the Services Registry of Netweaver, but licensing for the PI es really expensive...

Thanks for any hints...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If my applications consume the web services provided or registered in the Services Registry, will I be using the Process Integrator implicitly??

Yes, To consume or host webservice we can use PI middleware. PI supports also service registry to register your webservice for others.

>> We want to register web services and use the web services registered in the Services Registry of Netweaver, but licensing for the PI es really expensive...

PI 7.3 has plenty of cool features and it is claimed as SOA Middleware. Comparitively PI licensing cost is better than competitors too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar:

Thanks a lot for the quick reply, but I still have some doubts:

- So, when using the services registry (consuming a web service or registering a new web service into it) will I be using the PI anyway?

- As I wrote before, the PI licensing is really expensive, so we would like to know if we really have to buy the PI licenses.

Thanks again!

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> - So, when using the services registry (consuming a web service or registering a new web service into it) will I be using the PI anyway?

Yes, You will Use PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar for making it clear.

Answers (0)