cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pass variables from IRPT to on demand MDO in MII v12.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here is what I am trying to achieve - to pass an order input value from front end and fetch the results through on demand MDO.

STEP 1: Created a BLS transaction with input parameter order and tested it to get Output XML - SUCCESSFUL.

STEP 2: Created an On-Demand MDO object pointing to the BLS transaction, tested it by passing the value to input parameter in Dynamic Query Parameters - SUCCESSFUL.

STEP 3: Created an MDO Query Template in SELECT mode pointing to the MDO object created, there are 2 things which I noticed. when I pass the value to OBJECT PARAMETER, it worked fine and when I pass it to PARAMETERS it Doest not work. I just used the object parameter because it worked for me.

STEP 4: Created an Applet with MDO Query Template and Grid Display template. Tried passing the value using setParam(1, order). I found 3 different variations:

Result 1: If Object Parameter in MDO Query is not set to any default value - "No Data Available" is seen on applet.

Result 2: If Object Parameter is set to some valid default value say 123, irrespective of what I pass from UI setParam, I always see the data of 123.

Result 3: If Object Parameter is set to some valid default value say 123 and in addition to that, I add Filter expression [val1] = [ param (dot)1 ] in my MDO select query, then when I pass 123 from UI, I see the result and when I pass someother input I see empty table, however now I can see the columns with empty table.

Can someone tell me where I am going wrong?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved.. Here is how it works.

document.iGridApplet.getQueryObject().setXParamName(1, "ObjectParam.1");

document.iGridApplet.getQueryObject().setXParamValue(1, val1);

Basically there is no predefined function for setting Object Parameters, so we need to define a XParam name with ObjectParam.1 and pass the value which inturn is passed to object params.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess the first question is why you want to use an MDO for what would be a standard Xacute query. One of the stregths of MDO is the ability to maintain/persist values from previous executed queries (of whatever type it consists).

For what you are trying to do, use an SQL Query, Xacute Query, or some other standard query for populating your applet.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I am using the ramup version 12.2 and want to explore all the new features available in 12.2 and came downloaded the example project of MII 12.2 avaiable here. while doing that I came across an example of onDemand MDO query for pulling the data from Tag quieries and making it dymanic by passing speed or quality or perfomance parameters, however it just showed me only quality results always, I coudn't test it properly because it was a tag query so I created my own scenario and it didnt work from UI as expected.

so wanted to know if I am going wrong somewhere before I conclud it is a bug.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While I have done a little bit of 12.2 work, I would guess that your hands on experience is actually greater than mine. If the documentation suggests that it is supposed to work, then I would put in a ticket as you suggest.

Tag Queries, because of the nature of time series data, do not cache. So for doing a dynamic MDO with a tag query, I would imagine it to be undesirable to try make it static.

Please keep this ticket updated with your experience on this. It is an interesting issue.

Thanks,

Mike