cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver and .net DLLs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can NetWeaver be used to allow SAP to communicate directly with a .net class library in a DLL?

Does NetWeaver have the ability to register an EventHandler with the DLL so that the DLL can raise the event in SAP and have the SAP EventHandler function handle the event?

Or, do you absolutely have to go through a .net WinForms program to access the DLLs functionality?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> Can NetWeaver be used to allow SAP to communicate directly with a .net class library in a DLL?

Dont need. You can use .Net Connector to directly communicate SAP.

>> Does NetWeaver have the ability to register an EventHandler with the DLL so that the DLL can raise the event in SAP and have the SAP EventHandler function handle the event?

This link might be helpful to you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/51/d5470940fd564b888f4beb9523fa6c/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I wasn't clear in my description.

I don't want to use an intermediate form to get to the DLL. I want SAP to call the .net DLL directly. That is, no WinForm.

Is that possible?

Here is what I would like to do:

My DLL contains code to get RS232 communications data from balances. I would like to attach it directly to SAP so that SAP could get the data ... triggered by an Event raised by the .net DLL.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>I don't want to use an intermediate form to get to the DLL. I want SAP to call the .net DLL directly. That is, no WinForm.

This forum is about SAP Middleware PI. As of I know, SAP can communicate to .net DLL via webservice or .net connector.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I don't want to use an intermediate form to get to the DLL. I want SAP to call the .net DLL directly.

I dout it,

As Baskar mentioned as webservice or Dor net connector essential to talk to SAP system

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

K, thanx to both for such quick responses. I will look into connector.