Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash island: popup during install

olivier_segol
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are using webdynpro ABAP with flash island. These WDA are displayed to users in a SAP portal.

As a lot a users don't have enough authorizations on their PC to install applications. We would like to avoid the automatic popup asking for flash installation and to have instead a short message redirecting users to PC administrators.

Well, my best solution for the moment is:

- Raise an event in the WDA.

- This event is catch in the masthead of the portal, the handler of this event check if the user has flash player installed or not.

- This hanlder then fire an event with the result (flash or not) of this test as a parameter.

- In the main view (initialization) of my WDA I have subscribed to this second event to get the resutl of the check (done in the portal due to javascript restriction in WDA).

- Even if I map the enable property and visibility property of my flashisland container depending on the result of the test, I always have the install popup displayed if I don't have flash installed. Even if the portal eventing mechanisme is working (I don't have the flashisland displayed if I don't have flash installed).

I have already played with some flash builder options around the generation of a wrapper. But don't find anything working for my requirement.

Does someone already face the same issue/requirements and have a solution to solve this?

Thanks,

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Even if I map the enable property and visibility property of my flashisland container depending on the result of the test, I always have the install popup displayed if I don't have flash installed.

That won't be enough to stop the Flash Plug-In from initializing. What I would suggest is that you set the dummy EMPTYVIEW as the default view of the ViewContainer that would normally hold the FlashIsland. Then if you pass your check, fire a navigation plug to replace the EMPTYVIEW with the Flash Island View. Only by not embedding the view at all can you avoid the Flash Player initialization.

olivier_segol
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thank you very much for the suggestion. It's working perfectily. We don't have the install popup when we don't have flash installed.

Olivier

Answers (0)