cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charms Process in Implementation Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am part of an implementation project for where we are implementing various functionalities of Solution manager.

Here we are in the process of implementing CHARMS in the Implementation Phase.

So I have created a project of type 'Implementation' and has already activated Charms.

Here the task list is already created and active

Following are the issues which i am facing while creating a change request.

1: If I create a change request of type 'SDCR' and authorize the change request, a normal correction of type 'SDMI' gets created automatically. But system throws an error 'No Maintenance cycle is open for the current system'

I believe for a project of type 'Implementation' ,maintenance cycle doesnt get created, instead an implementation cycle gets created.

So Let me know if i have missed out any configuration. or if possible can u suggest me if there is any workaround for this?

Regards,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you configured ChaRM completely? Activated BC Sets for SDMJ?After all the configuration is done, you have included the correct Logical Components in your Implementation Project and then created an Implementation Project Cycle for it (yes, not a maintenance cycle but a project cycle starting with I, not M), then you will have a SDMJ transaction type created from the SDCR when you select the right Subject option: Development (Implementation). SDMI is the old version for Normal Corrections.

You didn't mention how much of configuration you have already done, so we cannot say what is missing.

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raquel,

Thanks for the reply.

I have only activated BC Set 'SOLMAN40_CHARM_BASICFUNC_001' prior to activating CHARMS.

After Activation Charms A project cycle of type 'SDDV' also got created along with the task list.

But when I try to create a change request of type 'SDCR', it is automatically creating Correction of type 'SDMI'

Also I had selected the correct Subject option 'Development (Implementation)' in Transaction SDCR

Am I suppose to activate any other BC set?

But why is it giving me error related to Maintenance cycle?

Regards,

Anubhav

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

Execute the transaction sm_charm and complete the steps there. You should be able to create a normal correction of type SDMJ after that as it will take care of the necessary BC sets.

Also, once you are done with the project creation, check the consistency of the project by calling transaction /n/tmwflow/charmchk. Make sure there exists no errors.

Rajeev

raquel_pereiradacunha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After you execute the steps mentioned by Rajeev, the missing configuration for SDMJ must be in place. You can check some SAP notes related to SDMJ as well in case you have an old SP version. You should not have SDMI assigned to Development (Implementation) after that. I suppose you have the correct logical components with a production system (even if it's virtual) and transport routes, so your project should have a status Green when you run the Check.

Also do not forget that the Ibase must correspond to the production system, otherwise you will still have the error "No cycle open".

Regards,

Raquel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raquel and Rajeev for your replies..

I could solve the problem.

There was some problem when the ibase were created.

So got the Ibase problem rectified..

So I also checked all the steps mentioned by u all.

but some how the follow up transaction that is used is still SDMI.

Answers (0)