Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPC control for added rework operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can you please, help me with the following case:

I have a production order and IPC control for certain operations.

The system has created an inspection lot (03).

During the results recording (with operation confirmation) one piece is reported to be for rework.

The trigger point was activated and a new operation for rework was added to the production order.

The new operation for rework also has an inspection point (the same as in the production order - freely defined, no quantity or time dependency) and also has a quality characteristic.

My expectation was that after the new operation has appeared in the production order either the created inspection lot should be updated for the new operation and its characteristic or a new inspection lot should be created for the new operation.

However nothing happened - where did I go wrong or what is missing?

I will gladly supply additional information on demand.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Rumi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

either the created inspection lot should be updated for the new operation

This is not possible in std SAP ,As Once lot is created it will not updated automatically after changes made in the task list or routing etc.

new inspection lot should be created for the new operation.

This will also not possible because lot is already created for the said Qty in Production order.

Now what remains is if you have not taken UD of the existing lot & status of the Inspection lot is REL then,

go to QA02>enter lot number->click on Reset sample--->save

Now status of lot will become CRTD.

Now again go to QA02>enter lot number->click on inspection specification>click on sample>save

check the status .It should be REL & here you can see the new operation attached to the task list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SujitSND,

Thank you for your answer. However it is not applicable - in the results recording I have confirmation for the operation (otherwise the trigger point cannot be started) and due to this I cannot change the status of the inspection lot any more.

I will think of some other solution like confirmation of the rework operation through CO11N and in case there are defects a quality notification will be created separately or I will try with a separate rework order.

Thank you once again.

Rumi