cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Theme in IE8 not working, IE6 shows correct settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Before the role out of IE8 at customer we checked compatibility of all screens. We have NWP 7.0.1. SP5.

In IE8 displays a WDJ application with some input forms with three borders only (left, top and right), the bottom border is invisible. IE6 shows all borders as usual. When I change the theme it gets worse. I played around with border width and background color and following happens:

IE6 all theme changes apply correctly

IE8 on one machine displays some outdated theme

IE8 on another machine doesn't take any changes

for both IE8 I can see that other input fields created with HTMLB display correctly and respect the theme changes.

the user on all machines (windows domain and portal users are the same). It is the same portal. It is the same application (redeployed several times, restartet as well)

For research we had a look on the css files which are available and only found IE5 and IE6 .css files (along with opera and nn css files) but non for IE8, is that normal?

We also changed in Visual Admin the settings for dispwda in config adapter: we added msie8 to the csf property to msie5|msie6|msie8|nn7

any ideas would be great!

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Please try using the compatibility mode settings once and see if that helps. Tools->compatibility view->display all websites in compatibility view . However , you should make sure that your ie version is compatible with your current portal version .

EP 7.0 SP14 is officially not compatible for IE8.so better to use recommended browsers. Please check the PAM www.service.sap.com/pam to ensure the SAP product you are using can be used with IE8

Cheers!!!

Umang