cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view Crystal Reports in Infoview if SNC is enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have a problem when trying to view a Crystal Reports based on BW MDX query from InfoView or CMC.

The user, logs in with its SAP authentication and tries to view the report by specifying variables. The error message we get is: The viewer could not process an event. The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect. []

y the way, we may have detected another issue that could be related with that problem.

Because we want other Crystal Reports to be distributed by using Publication report bursting, we have configured SNC server side trust with the BW system. It is working fine. But we want also to allow users to view the Crystal Reports from InfoView.

To schedule same Crystal Report it is working fine, as well as SAP authentication.

We have find out that if we disable SNC from the CMC, users can view on demand the crystal reports by using SSO from InfoView.

We have followed configuration steps in BO admin guide for SNC and SSO.

Does anyone have an idea about what could be the cause of the problem?

We have seen that thread which describes a similar issue (when SNC enabled, report viewing not working, when disabled, report viewing by SSO working), but solution was reported there: [|]

Other tests:

-When SNC enabled we can view on demand WebI SAP BW reports with SSO universes.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you clarify what kind of SNC you configured ?

Did you follow the steps outlined in the installation guide for server side trust ?

did you configure the SNC option in the SAP authentication on the Entitlement System tab ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We configured server side trust using SAP Cryptolib.

We followed the steps detailed in the admin guide and the SNC server side trust configuration is working fine when we schedule reports for dynamic or enterprise recipients with SAP accounts.

The SNC entitlement tab in the CMC is properly configured according instructions in admin guide and according blogs published here (some of them are written by you).

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I have not written a blog on Server Side trust real - what is the configuration on the entitlement tab in the SAP Authentication ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Sorry, I've read so much information in the SDN that I was confused and I thought that the wiki I found regarding the SNC configuration was written by you.

The detailed steps I followed are here: http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/HowtoconfigureSNCinXI3.1CMC, that are same steps we can find in the Admin Guide.

SNC library path (define location of SNC library)-> Path to sap crypto .dll in the BO server -> E:\SAPCryptoLibrary\nt-x86_64\sapcrypto.dll

SNC name of SAP system (use STRUST SAP transaction to find this info in your SAP System) -> name we defined in the RZ10 identity/as and the name we can find in STRUST -> p:CN=BD1, OU=HIS, O=company-name, C=UK

SNC name of Enterprise system - > Name used when generating certificates for BO pse. Same SNC is defined in SNC0 transaction. -> p:CN=BO4DEV, OU=HIS, O=comp-name, C=UK

Quality of protection: Authenticate (instead of Max Available specified in the wiki).

In CMC Options tab I have uploaded the .p12 file and specified the PIN for the keystore, as well as the private key alias (lowercase as defined in the keystore file). The keystore has been generated by using CN=BO4DEV, OU=HIS, O=comp-name, C=UK domain name.

In Entitlement systems tabs, SNC name is empty (if I put p:CN=BO4DEV, OU=HIS, O=comp-name, C=UK there, cannot import roles from roles tab)

In SU01, user trying to view the Crystal Reports, has the value p:CN=BO4DEV, OU=HIS, O=comp-name, C=UK in the SNC tab.

Finally, in SNC0, BO system has been defined with a arbitrary key and CN=BO4DEV, OU=HIS, O=comp-name, C=UK value.

Are these definitions in CMC fine or could I be missing something?

Thank you very much for your help

Sergi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why did you configure the user in SU01 with a SNC Name ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because we find out that without SNC name, SAP user wasn't able to use Advanced Analysis in the Infoview (BI launchpad )

Best regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Advanced Analysis" > means Analysis for Web or Office ?

is this a XI 3.1 system or a XI 4.x system ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

Sorry, I didn't mentioned I was working on a BOXI 4.0 0. I thought it wasn't important as SSO and SNC configuration steps are same in BOXI 3.1 and BOXI 4.0 guides.

And I was meaning AA Web Edition.

To view a CR from Infoview, is a SSO issue or a SNC issue?

Best regards

Sergi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

viewing a report from InfoView does not require SNC in XI 3.1 or in 4.0 and is also not mentioned as such in the product documentation.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then it is a problem with the SSO configuration.

We need the SNC enabled for report bursting. If SNC is disabled, everything is working fine (SSO, we can use AA, view CR on demand from the Infoview, etc...), but if we enable SNC, the only thing that isn't working is the CR on demmand viewing... For this reason, I was asking if this problem is related with SNC configuration

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

that depends on how you configured SNC and I asked some days back why you configured anything in transaction SU01.

in the installation guides there is a server side trust configuration which is used for report bursting and that clearly does NOT include anything in SU01.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We didn't insert a SNC name in the SU01 until we tried to create a OLAP connection to BW datasources from the CMC (or to execute AA workspace) and we got an error. After tracing and reading logs, we find out that the application or SAP server was expecting to find a SNC name in the SU01, and for this reason we inserted that name there.

If we remove the SNC name from SU01, we can neither execute on demmand CR reports in the infoview (the problem for which we opened the message) or create OLAP connections/open AA workspaces...

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- SSO for viewing CR does not require SNC at all

- SNC is needed as server side trust (which does not need SU01 configuration) for bursting.

so overall I would suggest you first of all try to get SSO working without SNC

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Do you need SNC set-up to schedule a Crystal Report in InfoView so that SSO works?

I have 'Use SSO context for database logon' set for the report and viewing the Crystal Report report on demand is working fine.

Now, however, when I scheudle the report, the schedule fails and it is saying:

'Error in File ~tmp26a86d0951b4730.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. '

I could have sworn SSO worked for the schedule Crystal Report without SNC..

The only thing that has changed on the BOBj server is that LCM got installed last week

Please help!

Many thanks,

Ainsley

Answers (0)