Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a valid date - error in Web dynpro hosting the form

former_member198445
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an interactive form embedded in an ABAP WebDynpro screen. It has a date field which is filled by the user.

This field has been working perfectly fine except for one user. Whenever he tries to enter a date and validate (round trip to backend) he gets a 'DD.MM.YYYY is not a valid date format' error (i.e. '15.02.2011 is not a valid date format').

Since this is a user specific error, I am unable to debug. When I tried debugging with his login, this error could be intercepted as this is an error thrown by the framework itself because of incompatible types(I think).

I am using all 3 patterns (validation, edit and display)as DD.MM.YYYY. it is working fine for everyone else, including me!!!!!!

It is not a system/version issue as we both tried on a neutral system and it worked for me but not for him.

Does anybody have an idea as to how this is possible? Any solution for this issue?

I am baffled, to say the least.

Regards, Amith

Edited by: Amith Menezes on Feb 15, 2011 3:47 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

I found your post and I'm facing the same problem!

Where in the backend is the "validation" located?

Where should the answer of Josh Dunlap be applied?

"then just change accordingly and then bind the result back to that field"

Do you remember? cause it's a year ago

Thanks and regards,

Markus

former_member198445
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I just found a solution to this problem.

The crux of this issue was that the 'Binding Pattern' of the date field in the form did not match the Date format of the user's 'Own Data'. For now, I requested the user to change to the frmat maintained in the form and it all worked well..

But this leads me to a new question.

How can we make sure that the binding pattern always matches any user's own data!

Is there a way this can be achieved??

Regards,

Amith

Edited by: Amith Menezes on Feb 16, 2011 1:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once the roundtrip is initiated, just grab the userid and do a read on USR01 to find their date format. If the date format doesn't match the date field is set to on the form, then just change accordingly and then bind the result back to that field.