cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestone billing

rajiv_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

The standard process is that we need to have item category as TAO with Billing relevance indicator set to "I" and billing plan as 01 (standard), and assign FAZ (down payment request). The pricing procedure should have condition type AZWR condition type with category "e" , requirement as 2 and calculation as 48.

Now the problem is that we have configurable material with item category grp 0002 and the item category as ZZAC (copy of TAC). Now i want to have a down payment with Mile stone billing as we have 4-5 levels percentages. The ZZAC item category has billing relevance as A.

How can I do the mile stone billing. Appreciate help and suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont have PS also in your system, you cannot go for MS billing. Lemme know if PS is there in your system.

rajiv_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SNavneetha,

Thanks for your advise

I shall appreciate if you let me know if we do not have PS system can't we do MS billing?

Is this SAP limitation, or is there a possible way of using MS billing functionality partially. Please advise.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajiv,

Do you know what a milestone is? It is an element in PS (It is a significant event in a project).

If PS is not there, the concept of MS itself is not there. So it is not possible. RRB also will not help

Former Member
0 Kudos

S Navaneetha Krishan I am surprised as to how can you say that you can only do the Mile Stone billing with only RRB (PS) module. I do not think you read what Rajiv has written in his initial question. He has written that he knows how it works with writing about the TAO item cat and FAZ and condition type AZWR details.

What he wanted to know is that how could Down payment with Mile Stone billing work with configurable material (Variant Configuration), Item category TAC with billing relevance u201CAu201D and item category group 0002.

To answer his query,

The Mile Stone will not work with item category relevance equals u201CAu201D because it means that this is delivery related billing.

Mile stone billing is Order related billing.

The Mile Stone billing plan will only work when the billing relevance equals u201CIu201D (order related) in item category and has billing plan (01-standard or copy with Z and make your own) assigned.

These are available in item category TAO. So you can still create your deliveries based on the order (Item category and schedule line assignment and copying control from Order to delivery), but the billing will only be done based on the dates defined in the billing plan either at the item level or sales order level.

There is also a SAP note 213526 which explains the complete process in detail and you can also go to the following links .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/56163b545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

http://silverw0396.javaeye.com/blog/229294

http://www.sap-img.com/financial/how-down-payments-are-configured.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45B/helpdata/en/dd/56163b545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/bestpractices/BBLibrary/html/E10_DownPymntProc_EN_US.htm

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PPS,

Downpayment, PS, RRB, DIP are all different tools.

If you want only downpayment, you can do downpayment in SD alone.

If you want milestone billing, you need PS.

So...if you want downpayments based on MS confirmation, you need PS. If you dont want PS, you shuld not do MS billing, but you can do downpayments.

In order to do RRB, DIP is needed, and DIP is also needed in some of the PS and CO related processes.

Variant configuration again is different, and if you want VC in the above mentioned scenarios, you can enable. You can also enable all the above mentioned scenarios without VC.

If you really want to understand all these things put in this reply, you may have to spend atleast one month to understand everything completely. If you can stick to the specific questions, then somebody can answer you specifically to the question.

rajiv_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navneetha Krihnan,

You are not right that for MS billing PS is a must.

I read what PPS has suggested. I am able to do Milestone Billing without PS. I think you might not have practically seen whether MS billing can work without PS also. There is no need to do PS or RRB for Milestone billing.

Please check if you have any doubts. Your answer lead to some confusion but it was totally wrong. Sorry about this. Thanks for participating & you can check what PPS has suggested It works fine.

rajiv_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PPS,

Many thanks for great solution. I am able to have MS billing without PS and you are right. WIthout PS you can do MS Billing. Also for VC & downpayment it works well.

Thanks for your great help Problem is resolved. I have awarded points.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Still I confirm you that MS billing is not possible without PS, becos you create MS only in PS and nowhere else. But if you are confident of what you have done is MS billing, it is fine.

I think you have assigned points in reverse order. You can check this once and reverse it accordingly.

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello Rajiv can you please let us know how did you achive milestone without PS

Regards

Naveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be you can try to use resource related downpayment customizing.

Please check the following notes for resource related downpayments

Note 983961 - Customizing for resource-related down payment (2)

Note 858703 - Customizing for the resource-related down payment

Note 858702 - Consulting note for resource-related down payments

Regards

Sai

rajiv_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your advise. Can we configure without Resource Related Billing?