SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast based replenishment and promotions, how to correct consumptions va

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello retail experts,

In SAP retail for dummys (help.sap.com), I read:

If you make the appropriate settings in the forecast data of the article master, you can ensure that consumption figures for promotional goods are smoothed for the forecast by the creation of an average value. In this process, a group of related promotional periods is first determined. The consumption values in these promotional periods are then replaced by the average consumption value of the periods either side of the promotion.

Now my question is what are the appropriate settings, so that the consumption values during the promotional period get replaced by the consumption values from before the promotional period?

Kind regards,

Rudy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Logistics Store tab of the article master there is a Smooth Promotions Indicator. Select this and if the article is populated in an active promotion then the consumption is smoothed as described.

Regards

Lisa

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Logistics Store tab of the article master there is a Smooth Promotions Indicator. Select this and if the article is populated in an active promotion then the consumption is smoothed as described.

Regards

Lisa

0 Kudos

Thanks, Lisa,Tthis helped me a lot.

The help description of the states: 'The system then searches for the 'normal' periods before or after each area of promotion periods. '

How do I know which periods it takes?

Is it also possible to influence the peiods it takes; for example always the previous periods and how many periods it should take into account?

Kind regards,

Rudy

0 Kudos

Hi Rudy

From what investigation I have done it takes the period(s) prior to the promotion and takes the equivalent promotion period, I haven't looked to see if you can change it so it takes the period post promotion but if there are no sales post yet it would be a bit difficult.

Regards

Lisa