Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Status Management

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to ask your opinion about what is suppose to be done with a project that been created in order to make a quotation for a customer and the quotation has been rejected. We don't want to delete the project as it could be useful in a future but we don't want any posting to be done on the project.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User Status seemed to be the solution to my issue.

But is possible to assign a User Status to all the WBSE of a project (massive change) with only one action? Or is it necessary to set the status WBSE by WBSE? That wouldn't be feasible.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For user status you should be able to set and pass on to all objects as long as the status profiles for PD, WBS and NW all have the same user status in them

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've assigned the same status profile to the PD, the WBSE and the network (as the object Types of it allows me) but when I set a status to the Project Definition this is not assigned to the rest of the WBS and Activities of the project.

Is anything else I might be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the previous post, Virendra has said you should do set & pass on.If you click on set it will set that user staus only for that object,.Select the project definition and click on Edit>Status>User Status-->Set & Pass on.You will get a pop up with the list of user status, select the right one, it will inherit to the sublevel objects.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is stopping you from closing it?

We are also putting a status ZLST (Lost) so that we can run reports to find all lost bid type projects

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra Pal,

I can't set de Close Status, I don't know why, but I'm not able to select this option.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make use of User Status and forbid all the transactions that allow you to do postings on a project. This should solve your issue.

Read SAP Help or search the forum to understand more about using User Status.

Regards,

Gokul

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are just trying to set CLSD - of course that won't work

You need to follow the following steps

Release the complete project

The confirm all activities with 0 hrs tick the final confirmation

Then set CLSD

You may to set TECO as well

Set any user status you need for reporting

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra Pal,

It think that ticking all the final confirmation to all the internal activities won't be feasible.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've created a new status profile and I've assigned it to Project Profile (PD Sts. profile and WBS sts. Profile) but when I created a new project isn't getting it. Should I assign it in another point?

And would be the user able to assign the user status I've created to all the elements of the structure just by assigning it to the Project Definition?

Thanks a lot

Edited by: mforman on Feb 15, 2011 1:01 PM

Edited by: mforman on Feb 15, 2011 1:05 PM

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do not copy old project, Try creating new project in the builder, It should default.

Tnx.

Abdul.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Abdul,

You make me realize I was using a Standard Project which despite de project profile of it the status profiles were still the old ones, thanks.

I will open a new thread about the remaining doubts I have about User Status.

Thank you all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make use of standard system status's like Account assignment locked etc. and authorize the concerned people to set and remove the status. Else you can also make use of User Status's and maintain the required authorizations to have proper control.

Just open the project in Project builder, clik on edit - status - lock and see the options available there.

Regards,

Gokul

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm only able to lock de Master Data.

I'll have a look on user status (I've never use them before) but I was hoping a more standard procedure would have existed.