cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Foreign Trade Data in Billing document....

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am using a scenario which is order related billing and the item cat is TAP....while processing(Saving) the billing document I am getting an error nessage saying foreign trade data is incomplete.....I got couple of question regarding this...

1)Since its a domestic sales where end customer belongs to the same country of the Company code why is it foreign trade data is required?

2)Where the incompletion procedure is maintained?.....I have gone through VI29 & VI49 there are no entries exists.....

3)what kind of solution is available for this scenario?.......

Thanks in advance......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar S,

1)Since its a domestic sales where end customer belongs to the same country of the Company code why is it foreign trade data is required?

system will not check for the company code country instead it will check for the customer country & plant country. if it differs then only export data determination will come into the picture. as you said its order related billing. check the copy control settings from order - billing.

Determine export data.

Note: check the address maintained in Plant. Plant data may not changed when copying from other plant.

2)Where the incompletion procedure is maintained?.....I have gone through VI29 & VI49 there are no entries exists.....

this incompletion procedure generally assigned to country. as you are not dispatching . this doesnt have any impact.

3)what kind of solution is available for this scenario?.......

check for the default settings to determine export data, in case of export sales only . Tx:VI95.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply....

"this incompletion procedure generally assigned to country. as you are not dispatching . this doesnt have any impact."

but there should be some procedure which program reads,only because of that it says the data is incomplete...can you explain where it goes & finds those datas are missing?..based on some conditions it has to go & read the prog ryt?......

Also I checked the country of plant & customer both are same......

Thanks in advance......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Check: SAP Note 354222 - Foreign trade data incomplete for domestic business

"Reason and Prerequisites

For a domestic business, you inadvertently go to the foreign trade data and access fields in the corresponding delivery or in the billing document. Since the incompletion log requires at least one entry for foreign trade, you must maintain one field to be able to exit the foreign trade data again without canceling document processing.

In this case, the system assigns an export indicator and an export number, which cause the entire document to be incomplete due to missing export data.

..."

Please read the SAP note and the recommended correction. You can also see the relevant programs in teh SAPNote.

Please let us know if the note adresses your problem.

Good luck,

Eva