cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport MIME object in webdynpro ABAP from DEV TO QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have enhaced a std WDA component.In this enhacement I have added one image as an mime object along with some other changes , all the changes have been moved from dev to qa except this mime object.

Infact I have deleted and reimported and re transported the mime object but still to failed this image from dev to qa.

Please provide me ur valuable inputs asap as this is high priority issue.

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something is wrong in the tranport itself.

Try transporting the mime object alone by using write transport entry.

and trasport this request and check whether it comes in quality.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean by "using write Tranport entry", as today I have crated a seperate request for the mime object and then transpoted but nothing happened.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By going into mime repository and then right clicking ont eh mimeobject and selecting write transport entry form the context menu

and creating a new request for the transport.

However i guess you must have followed this approach only.

by the way where is the mime stored. is it in the same standard comp folder.

store it somewhere else in some non=-standard comp or some public folder and then try to transport.

thanks

sarbjeet singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just done it and asked basis guys to transport it let us see........how can I save the mime object to be used in std component in some other components.

I have to modify the std component thats why I have added the image in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot image has been moved to qa now...telll me this is the approach to be followed every time if some changes has to be done on std ?

former_member211904
Participant
0 Kudos

<rant>I know this is not Stackoverflow (though goodness knows this community could benefit from such a fine Q&A system), but I will add this anyway because it might be useful to someone:</rant>

I had the same issue with MIMEs not updating in the target system after a transport, but it seems the following note addresses this issue:

1553061 Inconsistencies during transport of MIME objects.

Answers (0)