cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can upper bounds/Max stock level be made as hard constraint for optimiser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where the maximum stock level at a plant should not be violated strictly.

I have an optimiser profile with the "Maximum product specific quantity stored" check box in General constraints is already set.

We have storage costs maintained according to the direction of the material flow which transfers stock from one location to another location. Further, if there are surplus stocks lying at the source location, it will push the surplus stock to the destination location. Resulf of this may be an inventory pile up at the destination location beyond the max stock level there.

As I understand, Max stock level is a soft constraint and can be violated to get an overall supply chain cost minimisation.

Is there a way we can still respect the max stock levels maintained at the locations(i.e. upper bounds as hard constraints)

Regards

Manotosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , the Max stcok level specified in the Loc product is a soft constraint and hence this can be violated subject to the calculation of penalty costs.

Can you try defining a time-based upper bound for stock in interactive Supply Network Planning by defining an upper bound for stock on hand (at product-location level).

Pre requisites:

You have not set the Ignore Time-Based Constraints indicator in the SNP optimizer profile.

Use planning book 9ATSOPT with data view OPT_TSBD.

If you do not set the indicator "consider the stock upper bound as soft constraint " in the extended tab page the optimizer regards stock upper bound as "Pseudo hard constraint"

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for all your inputs. Closing this thread.

Regards

Manotosh