Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long running background job

rithvikbh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Job is running very long time but i didnu2019t find any Job updates since it is started and there is no active oracle process also.

Sap : ECC6.0

Database : oracle 10.2.0.4

Please help me how to analyze long running background job issue.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Sorry, but what do you mean by -- you couldnt gt any clue for workprocess? I didnt understand that.

In SM50, can you see a BGD workprocess running for your background job??

You need to see the PID of that workprocess and find the same PID in ST04OLD oracle sessions (under client PID).

If the same PID shows as INACTIVE (check for few mins after continously refreshing that page), it means that the job is idle now and its not processing anything in the system.

Thanks.

rohans_korde
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am also facing same issues while analyzing the background jobs. I had check in SM50>>> Process Detail Display in there buffers are inactive.. then I had checked for ST04OLD>>>Oracle Session for that particular PID there also I am getting status is inactive so long time. After words I had check the ABAP runtime analysis for that particular program with T code SE30 there I am getting system Execution time is high..

So what we should conclude or any thing more I need to check into the system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Maybe your job is not running at all and thats why you are unable to see any records. To check this -

Please goto tcode SM37, select your active job and goto tab Job -> Check Status.

Incase the job was idle and was cancelled internally (but not in the system), it will get cancelled in the system.

Incase it doesnt get cancelled, it means it is running in the system. To check where it is stuck please check this -

Check the PID (via SM50) on which your job is running on the server.

Goto tcode ST04OLD. Click on Detail Analysis Menu. Click on 'Oracle session' and check for the PID in the sessions list. The entry against that PID will show where exactly and on which query in your job stuck/running.

Thanks.

rithvikbh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

I tried with Job -> Check Status, still status is active only.

I have checked the workprocess i couldn't find any clue.

I have checked Oracle session from ST04old, It is showing session is inactive.

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose the job in active state was really not doing anything. As a quick fix try killing the job and schedule again.

Come back with the result and if it work/doesn't we can drill down on the specifics for the success/failure.

-Thanks

Damanaidu J

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the JOB name? does it customer created job or standard JOB?

check the workprocess log where the job is running. you can find the clue there.