cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug a power list?

former_member431874
Participant
0 Kudos

The power list I'm using (I think it's a standard power list for billing, you can see billing due list, search for billing doc, etc. I do not know how else to refer it) does not return any result, so how to debug a power list?

Any suggestion on how to know why a power list does not return expected results would be appreciated.

VT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vineetrrakesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi VT,

I feel you need to check the POWL configuration once, follow the wiki created by POWL Expert 'Rohit'.

[POWL Wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/POWL]

You should put break-point in the implementation of method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_OBJECTS, if the configuration is correct then call should come there, further to this you can chcek your logic of building the POWL data inside the same method.

In case if you still face the issue, get back with your analysis.

Regards

Vineet

former_member431874
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> Hi VT,

>

> I feel you need to check the POWL configuration once, follow the wiki created by POWL Expert 'Rohit'.

>

> [POWL Wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/POWL]

>

> You should put break-point in the implementation of method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_OBJECTS, if the configuration is correct then call should come there, further to this you can chcek your logic of building the POWL data inside the same method.

>

> In case if you still face the issue, get back with your analysis.

>

> Regards

> Vineet

Dear Vineetrrakesh,

First of all, thank you for your reply.

What tx do you use to put a break point for IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_OBJECTS? is it SE24?

I try SE24 and enter IF_POWL_FEEDER, I can see the method GET_OBJECTS. However, when I double click on it, the system does not response and not take me to the ABAP code where I can put a break point.

Strangely enough, in SE24, I can put a break point if I use another class, for example, cl_exithandler.

vineetrrakesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI VT,

IF_POWL_FEEDER is an interface so you can't see the implementation in SE24, but there must be a class which has implemented this. You can find your class name as below:

1. TX --> POWL_TYPE

2. Search with your POWL QUERY Type. (You should be knowing this)

3. After getting the Class open TX SE24

4. Put the class

5. This class will show you the method and implementation.

I would again recommend you to go through the wiki.

[Wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/DocumentationInformationabout+POWL]

There is document POWL.doc whiich will give you step-by-step procedure for POWL.

Best Regards

Vineet

former_member431874
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> HI VT,

>

> IF_POWL_FEEDER is an interface so you can't see the implementation in SE24, but there must be a class which has implemented this. You can find your class name as below:

>

> 1. TX --> POWL_TYPE

> 2. Search with your POWL QUERY Type. (You should be knowing this)

> 3. After getting the Class open TX SE24

> 4. Put the class

> 5. This class will show you the method and implementation.

>

> I would again recommend you to go through the wiki.

>

> [Wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/DocumentationInformationabout+POWL]

>

> There is document POWL.doc whiich will give you step-by-step procedure for POWL.

>

> Best Regards

> Vineet

Dear Vineet,

I can now put the break point. Thanks.

But, when I access the power list (from both NWBC for Desktop and for HTML), the system does not stop at the break point. I think there are 2 possibilities:

1. I put the break point in a wrong class.

2. I put it right, but for some reason the system does not stop. < I think this is likely the case.

PS.

In POWER TYPE,

Type: O2C_BIL_DOC_HEADER

Description: Billing Documents

Feeder class: CL_O2C_POWL_BIL_DOC

Any opinion?

VT

Edited by: Vitthavat Akaratheranont on Feb 15, 2011 7:24 AM

vineetrrakesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi VT,

You are right that there are 2 possibilities:

1. I put the break point in a wrong class.

<Vineet> You can chcek this by referring the POWL tcdes as below

- Check your WD View wehere you are firing the plug to POWL , it gives you application ID. (Put a break-point there too.)

- Now go Tcode:- POWL_TYPER --> It will giv you the corresponding POWL Query Type

- Go to TCode:- POLW_TYPE --> it will give you the correct Feeder Class

2. I put it right, but for some reason the system does not stop. < I think this is likely the case.

<Vineet> If you are sure that the class is correct then there could be the reason that the Application is showing the results form the cache. In that case you need to run the Report "POWL_D01" to clear the cache by searching with your user name. Now when the cache is cleared and you refresh the HTML it will try to retrieve the fresh data and then your method class->if_powl_feeder~Get_objects" will be called.

You can put break-point in POWL_QUERY_REFRESH Function Module to understand the call. That will be always called.

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards

Vineet

Answers (0)