cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating File Download

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a File to Proxy Scenario where the file is downloaded from a website and placed in the Source folder for the sender file adapter to pick it up.

This file is daily downloaded manually and placed in the directory. Is there any way in PI we can automate this process?

Can it be done using Java client proxy?

Thanks,

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below blog which talks about the same..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/01/22/pixi-how-to-get-an-xml-file-from-a-web-page-without-own-development

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for the reply.

The blog suggests to create an ABAP report which is scheduled to run daily. But I am not acquainted ABAP coding.

Is there any approach to automate this using any of the options with Java?

My requirement is to get xml file which consists of exchange rates from a web page once daily morning and send it to SAP ECC.

Thanks,

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use any adapter that can be scheduled to trigger the request for file receiver for downloading the file...

only thing you needed is some triggger point for downloading the file..thats the reason abap has been used so that it can be scheduled..

you can develop simple RFC or Proxy (search in SDN there are lot of examples) for just to trigger the request..

it needed little bit of effort in searching and not for developing..you can acheive this.

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the link. It did solve my problem.

Aravind.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a File to Proxy Scenario where the file is downloaded from a website and placed in the Source folder for the sender file adapter to pick it up.

This file is daily downloaded manually and placed in the directory. Is there any way in PI we can automate this process?

Can it be done using Java client proxy?

solution : instead of doing file to proxy directly u can do

1) file to file and file to proxy .

do file to file by using ICO and then u use file tp proxy : by doing this method you can reduce the overlap of files and even in communication channel in PROCESS INTERVAL give PROCESS TIME as 10 min for every file .

so u can get the automated of files to Source folder for the sender file adapter

even u can get dout by doing file to proxy same procedure what i told in step one ,but by dividing the two steps we can stop directly updating of any data in sender system even perfomance also will be increased .

thanks and regards,

krishna

Edited by: krishna hari on Feb 15, 2011 7:51 AM

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If no mapping is required in PI ESR, make a dummy interface in ID just to pick file and send it to proxy interface(If already existing or else you need to create it first and generate proxy) or some other location using file receiver.

Regards

Aashish Sinha