cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Classic - Purchase Order Number Ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Extended Classic EBP. When a PO is created in SRM the PO replicated into R/3 does not have the same number.

The backend PO document type is ECPO. We have assigned an internal and external number range to this document type.

When an SRM PO is replicated to the backend, the backend PO number is taken from the internal number range for the document type. This internal number range does not include the number range of the SRM POs.

We expect the SRM PO number to be pushed into R/3 and therefore the external number range of the R/3 document type should match the SRM PO number range.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No need to maintain the internal number range for the SRM PO document type ECPO in R3 (maintain the external number range code of SRM PO transaction type).

As the PO is created in SRM, and the number range you maintained in SRM and R3 should be same, but in SRM it will be internal number range and in R3 it should be external number range. (number range code should be same in both the systems).

Regards

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Thanks for the reply. I've already tried this as like you say an internal number range is not required. However when I do this the replication of the PO to the backend fails with error 'internal number range does not exist'. This error can be seen via the application monitors in SRM.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the number range code in R3, whether it is flagged as external number range while defining number ranges thru OMH6. This code should be assigned in the 'No. rng.ext' column for the PO document type in R3.

Same number range with smiliar or different number range code should be internal in SRM.

Regards

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I've already checked this. Doc type ECPO in R/3 is assigned to an external number range ZR. This number range is flagged as external in R/3 and matches the number range of the SRM PO's.

I'm not sure what is wrong.

The application monitor error in SRM is complaining that the doc type in R/3 does not have an internal number range.