cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page adjustment problem for a text element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In my smartfrom i am having a main window with table ( Header.main area and footer)

i am having some 10 lines of text in footer of table.

Based on line items in a main area ,footer is dispalying..i mean some times footer text is not able to adjust in a one page..i mean 5 lines are dipalying in previous page and remaining 5 lines are displaying in next page..

this is not required..it should be displayed in a one page ..How can acheive this?

Can anybody plz help me out?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess, you need additional coding to acheive... but the way your current form behaves is correct as user can maintain n number of item text. if user says that the item text is not exceeding to certain number of line items then you can build a small logic like this to fit all the item text to one page.

Use FM READ_TEXT to find the total number of lines used to maintain item text.

See how many line items that your main window can fit..

Example: if you main window is accomodated for 15 line items and assume you have 3 line items.

1st line item is having item text for 5 lines, second line item is having item text for 8 lines and 3rd line items is having item text of 9 lines ..

you create a prgram line inside your smart form which increments the line items and item text... always sum up the number of line items before displaying them...place a command to trigger the next page inside your main window.. with condition that increment is greater then 15.

I guess ,the above information will help you to close the thread.

Regards,

Sairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sai,

Thanks for giving reply

there is no problem with lin eitems display..the only problem footer displaying..some times half of text dispalying in previous page..remaining is displaying in next page..i mean if there is a enough space in a page to display footer then it should display or else.it should go to next page..this is waht i required..

can you plz tell me how to give page protection for this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

Insert a Command in footer before the row. and in that select check box "Go to New Page" and give the next page as same page..

Regards,

Viswa

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you cater space for footer. instead of printing footer in main window.

you can trigger footer window, after printing all the line items.

If that, does not suits your requirments.. then you can build the logic as stated above.. instead of item text you count number of line items and remaining lines fit to display footer on same page or not.. else use command to trigger new page to display footer.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

how did u resolved ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Veena,

Check the table line type option ( using the details button in the table tab ) , there you can see line type , default , No page options.

Use the No Page option for your requirement .

Hope you will use seperate Line type for Footer.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi powerstar,

Instead of Footer i have creat ed separated text element with Paragraph there i have enabled Page protection..This paragarph i ahve used in text element....in Text element also i have enabled Page protection option in output attributes..This resolves your probelm....

Regards,

Veena.