cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix the Size of table in smartform

0 Kudos

Helloo

My requirement is to fix the size of table (not row). like in one page i want to display only 4 rows. but if a table contain only one row then also i want to display space for 4. Act. i got one format, in which the size are fixed.... but when we use table so its size varies..... so with the help of window i fixed the size but the prob. is the vertical lines in a table...if it contain only one row data so vertical line stops after diplaying one item... i hope i m cleared with my question....help me.... Is there any solution.

Thanks

Regards

Virendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Helloo Abap_Newbye

can you explain me how to do it. Act. i didnt got what u said.... do u mean that i add 1 template in a window and then add table to it... i already tried this way but it doesn't work.

Regards

Virendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi virendra,

Try this logic!!!!!

create a secondary window of the same sieze & dimensions like your items window. In this secondary window create a template specifying all the columns ( put the height as the window height). -

> (Make sure both the windows are overlapping eachother to get the desired result.)

remove all the borders and outlines from main window (where you cretaed table).

You can assign your borders & outlines in the secondary window which contains template. In this way the vertical lines will b displayed in full window irrespective of the line items.

I hope this information will help you to resolve this thread.

Regards,

Vinit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

1MoreDev
Explorer
0 Kudos

I understand your issue, what u need is some windows with the border ie. left border on the place where vertical lines must be, this is the easy way, no need to add blank lines or anithing else. You can also use a big window with a template in it to define your table vertical lines for example, this way u wont have many windows for it.

Edited by: Abap_Newbye on Feb 21, 2011 10:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Virendra,

You can try this logic by appending empty rows to your internal table.

For this you can use below logic..

first find out the no.of emptyrows needed to add to internal table for this use below formula.

emptyrows = (no of line items in internal table) MOD 4.

Append these empty rows to your internal table..

Try this way...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

Please close the thred if you problem is solved.

Dhiraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra ,

I am not clear with requirement still i can try.

If you want to display for rows at each time then just before loop check number of entries in table if its less then 4 then add blank rows in table then display it.

Hope this will help.

Dhiraj.