Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop sequence in the shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

here is what we try to achieve.

3 delivery in one shipment to 3 different ship to party. In order to load the truck in the right drop sequence we want to pick (there fore create the TO) in the right order using the delivery time (use delivery time in VL06P to sort and create TO).

I naively thought that it would be feasible by maintianing the route schedule.... but for some reason the route schedule does not influence the delivery time whithin the shipment.

Does anyone knows how to solve that?

I mean I am pretty sure we are not the first project that came up with the requirement to have a drop sequence.

I know that we would be able to do that using doors and staging area and assign TO to different RF queue but it is not what the client want..

Cheers guys

Julien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Julien,

The sequence of deliveries can be automatically determined in shipment using leg determination.

For this you need to Create Transportation Connection point and using that configure routes and stages first and assign this route to shipment.

System will use the statges in route to determine sequence so it very important to define stages properly and in correct sequence.

In shipment type Leg determination category 1:Leg determined according to departure point and Itinerary generates a sequence of locations that links together the departure points and destinations for the deliveries without gaps.

In Shipment Type Select Leg indicator as Direct leg, Adopt Route - Adopt all Stages

Create Shipment

Select the required Deliveries and Include delivery in shipment.

Then Click on Overview of Current Shipment

Click on planning to Execute the Leg determination

System automatically proposes the sequence of the route which we can change manually at this stage.

Go to Stages to view the exact route and deliveries assigned to each stage.

Select Stage and Click on Deliveries to see the assignment of deliveries.

System automatically assigns deliveries to the stages by analyzing the Departure and destination point of each stage.

You see that system automatically assignes delivery to each stage as per route itinerary.

Hope this solves your issue

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your answer.... but that does not solve my problem.

Sorry my question was not clear....

According to OSS note 146829 . When we maintain Specific transit time in Route schedule VL51. it will update the delivery time GI date + specific transit time. Therefore we will be able to sort them in VL06P by delivery date and create TO in the right sequence.

The thing is my specific transit time maintained in route schedule does not influence at all. Is anyone already faced that before?

cheers

Julien

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

This sequence determination is done using leg determination. This is enabled by means of a shipment of type prelim leg, another shipment type of type mainleg, third one of type subsequent leg.

Also for deciding the sequence, you have to do the mainleg determination manually. Please read the help at sap dot com link in LE for leg determination, it is little complex to explain here. But the link explains things clearly. There are various ways by which this sequence can be determined, and it is possible even through route schedule. Please go through the link