cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Server going stopped with Exitcode -1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to configure ABAP System in EP and after restart the Server, i found that J2EE Server going stopped with Exitcode -1

Physical memory of the server is 8 GB and i already set 2048 MB in heap size..... i got this error in Developer Trace

"nrecognized VM option '+UsePerNewGC'

[Thr 3356] *** ERROR => JHVM_LoadJavaVM: Cannot create Java VM (rc=-6) [jhvmxx.c 549]

[Thr 3356] *** ERROR => Cannot load Java VM (server) (rc=-1) [jlnchxxi.c 752]

[Thr 3356] **********************************************************************

• ERROR => Java VM initialization failed.

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'Java VM initialization issues'

• for additional information and trouble shooting.

[Thr 3356] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = -1)"

Please try to solve this Issue and guide suggestions also.

Thanks and Regards

Dhaval Thaker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a common problem on AIX. Even after I upgrade an instance, I have to execute "slibclean" on all servers before I am able to start the instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Dhaval Thaker

In Configtool check server's process JVM settings. Looks like JLanch cannot recognize option "+UsePerNewGC".

Also, carefully implement SAP Note 723909 and adjust recommended setings for J2EE Engine.

Regards, Mikhail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you post the std_server0.out log. What is the version of your OS and the SAP system? And what are the changes you've made to the EP system?

Regards,

Soujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had same type of problem. When I restart the services Server used to come down. I found that child process were not killed. I cleaned with slibclean and restarted the services.