cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock a Visual Composer (VC) Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys & Girls,

I have a local Portal installation with VC running. I have a Model that is locked.

I want to unlock it, but the function for that provided in the Design Time does not really do anything. So...I cannot change/delete it.

Can I unlock it/delete it in the J2EE Visual Administrator somehow? I read something about that but can't remember/find the related info.

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is on the 'Administration of SAP Visual Composer' guide

Log on to J2EE Engine Visual Administrator.

2. Navigate from the Global Configuration tree to the client-workspace folders as follows:

Services → Configuration Adapter → developmentserver → client workspaces

3. Open the Propertysheet.properties file for the locked model. The Display configuration dialog box is displayed.

4. Change the value of the read-only property from true to false.

5. Click OK.

Gabi

syed_hassan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

How do you change the value from true to false. This field is not letting me change the value. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you logged on with the admin user?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those looking for the answers, this is a paste of another linked thread :

"In version 7.00, you have a button to unlock the models. This button is only shown when you have not opened a model yet.".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to complete:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/1398f7c71a6f43e10000000a422035/content.htm

This procedure erases all changes made to the model since the last session was opened, including any changes that may have been saved.

Procedure

1. Log on to J2EE Engine Visual Administrator.

2. Navigate from the Global Configuration tree to the client-workspace folders as follows:

Services ® Configuration Adapter ® developmentserver ® client workspaces

3. Open the Propertysheet.properties file for the locked model. The Display configuration dialog box is displayed.

4. Change the value of the read-only property from true to false.

5. Click OK.