cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Screens versus ME SDK

former_member184795
Participant
0 Kudos

Weu2019re looking at extending the ME assembly build screen that is more tailored to do bulk barcode scanning per our particular mfg process, weu2019ve done some mock up screens already in MII using pretty simple html entry screens and issuing the material to a shop order in ME, what is the optimal method for doing this, taking skill set and time out of the equation?

We believe that if we can do it through the SDK and have the screen installed as a client similar to the rich pod, then that would be the most efficient soln, as having the entry screen sitting on a MII portal would not be as robust.

We want to evaluate both, but would like to know if SAP have certain recommendations over one or the other? Any other folks have experiences when they evaluated doing one over the other?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general, if you can do it with the ME SDK, that is probably the better route to go. It will be more tightly integrated to the ME application than if you "bolt on" an MII application.

Your specific needs will determine which is feasible, but I would almost always lean towards using the ME SDK.

Regards,

Mike

former_member184795
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike, appreciate the response.. So internally we want to evaluate both, but I think what we're trying to understand is the phrase "more tightly integrated to the ME application". Especially wrt performance, db connectivity, taking in barcode feeds etc.

So for example, a entry screen that has many inputs, needs a certain amount of validation per data entry, hundreds of concurrent users, is there a limitation that a screen build in MII would have over the same screen build on ME SDK?

Thanks again,

Sean.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

ME SDK is used to develop extensions that are not available in base ME release. For this purposes ME provides API to trigger base functions/processes/validations etc. Activities that are developed using SDK will be run within ME and use its security model. If you just want to create some external app that will be able to retrieve/manage data in ME database without any validations from ME side - I would assume that it can be done in MII. But it's not secure in terms of data integrity.

Regards,

Konstantin

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin.

I think you put it very well.

Thanks,

Mike

Answers (0)