cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product name is internally labeled as "SAPGUI710" for SAPGUI 720 product

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the SAP INstallation Server Administration Tool:

When looking at the Properties of the "SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 (Compilation 1)' it has three references to "SAPGUI710" rather than "SAPGUI720" - Command Line Name, Silent Installation Command-Line and Silent Uninstallation Command-Line?

For example, we want that /Product= switch to be "SAPGUI720" for the command lines but it is listed as below:

\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Product="SAPGUI710"

I've determined that the SAPGUISETUP.XML file has improper references to the previous product. Is it possible to make changes in some of the XML files in the setup directory so that the silent install and uninstall commands using "SAPGUI720" rather than "SAPGUI710"./

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know about the XML edits but how does someone fix the properties entries for the Product to have SAPGUI720 rather than SAPGUI710 so that the silent installation and silent uninstallation command lines use /PRODUCT=SAPGUI720 instead of /PRODUCT=SAPGUI710 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The lines in the SapGuiSetup.xml file that reference 710:

<Product Guid="{1460620D-C8BC-44c2-86EC-E632E0986B01}" Name="StrSapGui710" CmdLine="SAPGUI710" Description="StrSapGui710Description" WkstaDb="SapGuiWkstaUI.xml" MasterNode="TRUE" ProdVersion="2133">

<UI>

<Page Type="FolderPath">

<PageVariable>SapFrontEndDir</PageVariable>

<WindowCaption>StrWindowCaption</WindowCaption>

<Title>StrSapGui710</Title>

<SubTitle>StrSapGui710SelectTargetDir</SubTitle>

<BackBtnText>StrBtnBack</BackBtnText>

<NextBtnText>StrBtnNext</NextBtnText>

<BrowseBtnText>StrBtnBrowse</BrowseBtnText>

<CancelBtnText>StrBtnCancel</CancelBtnText>

</Page>

If I change the clause CmdLine="SAPGUI710" to CmdLine="SAPGUI720" - the three references in the Properties all are corrected to use "SAPGUI720" when I go back into NWSapSetupAdmin.exe.

However, it is bit strange leaving the other 710 references in the XML file.

Going to try making a package with this one change to the SapGuiSetup.xml file.