cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time based inspection

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

The material once produced goes to oven and will be kept in oven for few hours. For example material A can be kept in over for 6.5 hours, Material B u2013 5.5 hrs, and C can be kept for 6.0 hours.

When the material is pull out of oven before specified time then system then system should not allowed user to move the stock out of the oven. Stock when entering the oven will be un-restricted.

My thought is to create an inspection lot when material is moved into the oven (08 -Inspection type). When results entered is validated with the time in which material moved into oven. And check if this time is less than required material time.

I am not sure where to capture hours for the material and how to do validation of result entered with time which material moved to oven.

Client don't want to create production order for this process.

Is there a standard way to do map to SAP. ? ?

Please adviceu2026

Thanks

S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sesh,

Because you are not really interested in recording results, You can also use QN.

Create action box item in QN to move inventory in and out of restricted status

1. Create QN when items are places in oven

2. Execute action box to move inventory to restricted status at start of baking process.

3. Create task with planned end date/ time ( 8 hours from start of oven)

4. Assign users responsible for the task

5. Use QM13 at periodic interval to see which tasks have completed

6. Execute action box item to remove inventory from blocked status

You can think of many version of the process.

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Many thanks for the recommendations.

Let us assume that I stored time required for the material to be in the oven in inspection plan. And configure new inspection type like 08TIME.

How can i use the user exit QEVA0010 to check the amount of time passed in oven ? Please elaborate the steps.

Creating a quality notification is also an option, however at the plant there is only one person who needs to move the material into the oven and remove the material from the oven. So there is no man power to open and close QN.

I can configure automatic quality notification creation, however someone has to manually open the quality notification and assign planned date and time. Please let me know if my understanding is correct ?

Many thanks

Regards

S

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you'd have to get an ABAP'er to write the code. But assuming you create the inspection lot, (I.e. do whatever movement you setup), when the material is placed in the oven, then your start time is the lot creation time. Alternatively you could use inspection points and then you create the inspection point when the material is placed in the oven. The start time would be part of the insp. point identifier and could be edited to the exact time.

When someone attempts the UD you take the current date/ time and subtract the date/time of the insp. point or of the lot creation. Compare that difference to the value in the inspection plan. If it doesn't exceed the time, don't allow the UD.

There are many places you could store the cure time for the material. You could use a general characteristic in a material class assigned to the material. That would probably be my first choice. You could use the QM inspection text in the material master.

This shouldn't be to hard for a good programmer.

FF

former_member284149
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the recommendations, I will work with tech guys for building to code.

Closing the thread, rewarding points.

Many thanks

Regards

S

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could create the inspection lot as you mentioned. Then use the UD check user exit QEVA0010 to check that the proper amount of time has passed. I would probably create an inspection plan for each time period required and stash the actual time somewhere in the plan so that the user exit can look up the time to verify against.

I would probably also create a new inspection type for this use. Like 08TIME. The user exit would check the inspection type first and exit immediately if not 08TIME.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pl try it with equipment caliberation cycle. create a order as a time so system will give you the lot as per your requirment.