Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying communication channel template

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have some module configurations setup for our EDI file channels. After Upgrade from PI 7.1 to PI 7.11 and changing the metadata from 7.1 to 7.11 all the module configs are lost. Currently i am manually doing all the module configs for all the file channels. I was wondering if i can use the Apply communication channel template option and copy the module configs from other comm channels. I am trying to do that, but i am not able to see the channels from which i have to apply the template.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan Golla,

Please check [Link1|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/bd/6af766076e384ebdce621d25161184/frameset.htm]

Module Configuration:-

On the Modules tab page, you can preconfigure modules. Note that all modules specified in a communication channel template are treated as a single parameter. This means that if you specify modules in the communication channel template and then use this communication channel template in a channel for which modules are already defined, all modules defined for the channel are overwritten.

[Link2|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/d0066d05ae154ee10000000a421937/frameset.htm]

Edit Communication Channel:-

To apply a communication channel template from the Enterprise Services Repository, in the object menu of the communication channel, choose -> Communication Channel -> Apply Template . In the input help, you can select communication channel templates from all software component versions.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Edited by: Raghu Vamsee on Feb 14, 2011 5:02 PM

former_member187447
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to do the process you referred in your first link. When click apply the template option while i am in module tab i get a list of comm channel templates but not the channels that i configured in the directory.