cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit Test Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I just started my first SAP PI project last week. and i am working on couple of interfaces as development consultant.

Here i also need to prepare the Unit test plan for this respective interfaces.

So here my question is, is their any standard document from SAP for doing the Unit testing of the various development interfaces.

If no, can any one provide me the required steps needed to be maintained for this respective interfaces in Unit testing.

Proxy -

> IDOC (Asyn)

File -

>IDOC(Asyn)

IDOC----

> FILE(Asyn)

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For all the scenarios that you have mentioned:

Proxy -

> IDOC (Asyn)

File -

>IDOC(Asyn)

IDOC----

> FILE(Asyn)

There are a few standard steps that you need to follow for making the Unit Test Plan.

First give an overview of the interface describing the technical details of the interface. Then mention about the dependencies and special requirements.Then mention about the assumptions followed by the issues and risks.

After that start writing the various steps maintained in tables. Broadly speaking, you need to make 3 types of tables.

The 1st table will be of mapping where you will add test cases regarding the mapping rules, any transformations like date transformation for eg., multimapping rules if relevant,output file format structure etc.

After that, make a table containing test cases for end to end flow. Here you need to add test cases checking the fact whether file was received in the desired format in the intended receiver when the desired conditions got fulfilled.

At last make another table containing negative test cases by testing with invalid source file, duplicate file processing,etc.

These are all the steps that I followed in my project to prepare the Unit Test Documents.

After the document is made, you need to test the interface with the same test cases end to end. It is always a good practise to make the Unit test document first and then test the interface end t end with the test cases in the Unit Test plan.

Hope this helps you buddy!!!!

Thanks

Biswajit

Edited by: 007biswa on Feb 14, 2011 11:56 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Please check this thread. This thread helps you to go through standard procedures for your unit testing

Baskar