cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM Flex UI performance with large data volumes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're rolling out SPM to a client that has very large data volumes.

We're concerned that the Flex UI may not be able to handle all the data. What problems have people experienced around large volumes of data? Does anyone know what stress testing has been carried out? And/or what the anticipated limits of the flex tool are for data processing?

I understand that theres an option to bypass the flex UI for data greater than a user-defined number of fields. Are there any recommendations of best practice around what is "too much"? It would be rather embarrasing for this to be the case for more than a few reports.

Many thanks for any suggestions you may have

Neil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil

There will always huge volumes of data being brought into the application into the datamodel.

There is a difference between analytics and transactional reporting. If this difference is understood well by the end user then the usage behaviour (with the right rollups, aggregations, filters...) prevents that huge volume being relayed from the backend datamodel in BW to the front end.

What I mean is, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible to "analyze" tens of thousands of records or more at a time. In terms of Spend its not uncommon to see that 80% of spend being captured by less than 10 % of the total suppliers. So it is just as easy to focus on "top N" styled reports - as an example.

Having said that, within SPM we have made some improvements in the UI to handle increased workloads, pls check my blog post here: [/people/rajesh.prabhu/blog/2010/10/24/performance-improvements-in-spm-21-over-spm-20|/people/rajesh.prabhu/blog/2010/10/24/performance-improvements-in-spm-21-over-spm-20]

Starting 2.1 SP05, if the volume of records goes beyond a certain level deemed relevant for analysis, the UI asks the user to use the SAP BEx tools that are more relevant for long reporting and does it intelligently by passing the entire context sent by the usre.

Hope that answers.

Regards

Rajesh