Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acessing Raw content through SOAP lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been using Bhavesh's Blog about SOAP Lookup

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

I have been able to make successful conenction and See the payload. But we have session ID, thats part of Raw Header response. Can some one help me how to access Raw header data?

Thanks for your support

-Kulwant

Edited by: Kulwant Bhatia on Feb 14, 2011 5:17 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get any solution to access the RAW headers. I am using REST adapter to lookup for session id.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is a thread that throws some light on this.

can you try ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabarish,

Thanks for replying.

I tried option of Keep Headers, but no use. Mine is SOAP Receiver Com Channel.

May be i didn't put my question correctly. What i need to access is Set-Cookie Parameter from Response. I am not getting this at all back

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:49:29 GMT

Server: SecureTransport/4.9.2

Set-Cookie: FDX=75583253754e37667433656373764c683349507135513d3d; path=/; Secure

Accept-Ranges: bytes

Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

Features: CHPWD;RTCK;STCK;ASC;DNDISP

Content-Length: 31

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Please suggest.

Another thing. I am doing this to Connect to a MFT server. Which requires first to Get Session-Cookie and then use this session cookie in it next action. Do you have any suggestion for connection PI to MFT servers

Edited by: Kulwant Bhatia on Feb 15, 2011 4:51 PM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> Another thing. I am doing this to Connect to a MFT server. Which requires first to Get Session-Cookie and then use this session cookie in it next action. Do you have any suggestion for connection PI to MFT servers

You can do it in one interface .

You create one interface for your next action query. During mapping ... do a soap lookup for the get session-cookie and use it for the next action. Hope your understand.

Doing soap lookup using udf is easy and feasible... see the below blog

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defined-function

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kulwant Bhatia,

I understand, your are able send correct SOAP lookup request and your getting response. But the response is not an XML, it is text data (raw data), now you want to get "session ID" out of it.

As SOAP lookup response is text data, you need to use String manupulations, like Strin.indexOf("session ID").

If possible paste the SOAP respnose here, it can be helpful.

Regards,

Raghu_Vamsee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu Vamsee,

Thanks for replying. But What i need is to get the content from Raw Data. Session ID in my case is not part of payload but the raw Header Data. I need to access the Raw / MIME fields. Can you please help.

Thanks

-Kulwant