cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast release and consumption at customer attribute level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This question is about release of forecast from DP to SNP at a level below the location-product level and sales order consumption at this attribute level.

Here is our situation:

We defined an attribute named "market" in our customer master data in ECC. This attribute is carried with the sales order into DP and DP team has capability to maintain forecast at location, product and market level. We also integrate sales orders directly from ECC to SNP real time via CIF. We want to release the forecast from DP to SNP at location, product and market level and have the sales orders consume the forecast in SNP at location, product and market level.

Has any one handled this kind of situation? If so appreciate if you can share the process with me.

I did some investigation and there are descriptive characteristics in DP where we can define the "market" as a descriptive characteristic and assign it to a consumption group.

we need to also assign this consumption group in demand tab of location product master in APO.

It seems when the sales orders are integrated from ECC to SNP, these sales orders need to consume the released forecast at the location, product and market level. How ever I am not sure how the" market" values would be carried over to SNP from ECC via CIF. Any idea on this? Does this process work? is there any thing I am missing in this process?

Appreciate if any one can help me figure this out.

Thanks.

Ratnam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you got an answer for your issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this cannot be done using standard customizing, however you can go for implementation of user exit in ECC aswell as APo system. your technical team can analyze the user exit and include this forecast consumption logic.

we have done similar kind of forecast consumption logic, it is possible using the user exits. At present i don't remember the exact user exit name.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnam,

1) In the Transaction /SAPAPO/MC90 - Release Demand Planning to Supply Network Planning, Please maintain this consumption group

and below that you can see orders with Specific Chars,under that enter values for the descriptive characteristics.

2) Use requirement stratagy 20 in the product master Demand Tab

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaramakrishna,

We tried the same but what is complicating is having "market" attribute of customer in R/3 and planning forecast in DP at the "market" level. There is no customer as such in DP. THere is only market. We could release forecast at market leve using "consumption group". But I am trying to figure out how to have the sales orders consume forecast at the location, product and market level in SNP.

Today we have our sales orders to consume forecast in SNP at location-product level. we are trying to take this to "location-product-market" level in SNP.

I think we need to use some settings for characteristic based or variable consumption I think...but not clear.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to map the DP characteristic to the sales order filed (market) in APO customizing for consumption group.

There are standard ways to bring any of the fields in a sales order to APO.

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

You are right on.

We have market as a field in customer master (xd03). You said "There are standard ways to bring any of the fields in a sales order to APO". This is precisely what I am trying to figure out. Can you refer me any documentation or any links? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ratnam