Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLAR01 --> Goto/Translation

MichaelGreulich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP gurus,

I'm want to use the "Translation" Function in Transaction SOLAR01. This Function can be reached when clicking on Goto --> Translation. The problem is, that this function is greyed out.

According to this guide I set up the system for translation, but still the "Translation" is greyed out.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/e8/e8913618e55d40e10000009b38f839/frameset.htm

Do you have a good hint for me?

Thanks for any help,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you navigating correctly?

It is possible to translate the texts of the structure elements into the different languages in case of the

template projects with the following steps.

1. Select the structures element in transaction Solar01

2. Select "Goto > Translation"

3. Select source and target language

4. Translate text

Are you in the Structures Element in Solar01?

Regards,

Paul

MichaelGreulich
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

thank you for this quick answer.

I tried to follow your steps but the problem is, that in step 2 I cannot pick "Translation" because it is grayed out. I can see it is there, but I cannot select it. And I picked the structure elements in SOLAR01.

Kind regards,

Michael

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

If the menu option Goto> Translation is greyed out then, you need to review the steps in "Setting Up and Coordinating Translation" and you have already provided the link, so I am assuming you either missed a step or have not performed on of the steps correctly.

Hope this helps some.

Regards,

Paul

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

Please confirm, are you working on a Template project?

For every project (implementation,maintenance, upgrade, template etc) has a master language set when you create the project in transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. All texts of the project's structure elements are saved in this master language. Only for template projects it is possible to translate the texts of the structure elements in different languages. These translations are only visible if the template is used in an implementation project with corresponding master language which means if you translate a structure in a template project (master language German) from German to English, you will see the translated texts only in an implementation project with master language English.

Rajeev

Answers (0)