cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost values in DropDown List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I created a dynamic interactive form with a dynamic table. This table has two buttons. One to add a new row and one to delete

the selected row. The row has field called EAN. This field is formatted as dropdown list. I created i the interface of the form a table and bind the table to this dropdown list field. With my print program i fill the table, generate my form and download it on my pc.

Now my problem. After download, i open my form and the first row of my table has the first value as content in the field.

Every thing is right. But if a create a new row, the field is empty. This is also correct. But if i will select a new value from my dropdown list, one value is missing and i got two new blank values in my dropdown list. This runs so on if i create a new row.

I don´t understand why i lost my values in the dropdown list, when i create a new row.

I hope anybody of you knows the solution for that.

For your information, here is my coding to add the new row:
data.#subform[0].FORM.DATA.DATA_ITEMS.I_DATA.STRUC.Teilformular1.Schaltfläche1::click - (JavaScript, client)
// xfa.host.print(1, "0", (xfa.host.numPages -1).toString(), 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
var anInstanceManager = this.parent.parent.instanceManager;
var newInstance = anInstanceManager.addInstance(1);
var aToIndex = this.parent.parent.index + 1;
var aFromIndex = newInstance.index;
    anInstanceManager.moveInstance(aFromIndex, aToIndex);}

Regards

Barney

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barney,

I hope the DropDown is one among the fields in the table row and you are using single data binding to the entire table. If it is so, then delete the existing binding for DropDown alone and make a seperate one. I meant, binding from a different data view node.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanoosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanoosh!

Thanks for your advice!

I already bound the field for the dropdown list to a different node than the datatable.

So that is also a fact that i don´t understand. When i have a different data node, why

is it possible to fill or overwrite data from a different data node!

Regards!

Barney

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanoosh!

According to your advice, iI rechecked my bindings of the field for the dropdown list. I found a wrong binding. I bound the field and the dropdownlist to the same node. That was the reason, why it did not work.

My problem is solved!

Thanks for your help!

Answers (0)