cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incompletion log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

1. I see that PR00 is not having values the incompletion log message will be displayed if there missing value for PR00.

Is this a SAP standard behavior ? I know that generally condition types can be set as mandatory in pricing procedure but are there condition types or fields that by default and standard behavior of SAP, the system will trigger the incompletion log message if values are missing? That means fields or info that are hardcoded as incompletion item.

2. Does Mandatory fields in anywhere or in procedures automatically mean incompletion in these fields will trigger an incompletion message or incompletion log messages are only displayed if the fields are set manually in incompletion customizing?

3. Does the SAP system determine which fields will be displayed in the incompletion log? My understanding is incompletion are all manually configured. Kindly confirm for me, pls.

4. Lastly, can i confirm that incompletion log applies to Sales doc, delivery doc and billing doc?

regards

Pascal

Edited by: Pascal Gabin on Feb 14, 2011 4:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member365422
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pascal,

1. Condition type must be marked as mandatory in order to issue message. If not marked there will not be any message, System does n ot decides which condition is mandatory.

2. Yes Incompletion log messages are only displayed if the fields are set manually in incompletion customizing

3. Yes, incompletion are all manually configured

4. incompletion log applies only to Sales doc And delivery doc

But NOT to Billing Doc. There is no incompletion log for Billing Documents.

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. This is a tricky question. Why? Because Incompletion via the condition type can work via 2 levels. For example, I agree with the experts that IN GENERAL if the condition types are marked as Mandatory in V/08, then the system will look for these condition types. HOWEVER, it can also be that at Item-Incompletion, the NET VALUE (VBAP-NETWR) is part of the Incompletion fields so that EVEN IF PR00 is not marked as Mandatory in the pricing, the system will say that Net Value is missing and hence PR00 should be maintained given that there are no other price conditions that will result to the Net Value>0.

2. a)Yes, mandatory fields in procedures (e.g. pricing procedures) will trigger a message saying these fields are mandatory (in pricing, the system message sequence for the condition types will correspond to your pricing sequence)

b) Incompletion set manually e.g. incompletion procedures assigned at different levels CAN also trigger incompletion message depending on how you configure the system e.g. Warning message. BUT, fields in the incompletion procedure will always appear when check incompletion e.g. press Ctrl+F8 during VA01/VA02, etc.

3. No, SAP system has no artificial intelligence to determine the fields for you. You have to set them manually in the incompletion procedures or set them as mandatory in pricing. See examples for standard incompletion procedures e.g. 11: Standard Order at Order Header (OVA2)

4. Yes, incompletion log applies to Sales Doc and Delivery, but not to Billing Doc (unless you have a different pricing procedure determined during billing where you have a different set of Mandatory field during billing--but this does not usually happen). For a more extensive list, see: IMG>SD>Basic Functions>Log of Incomplete Items>Assign Incompleteness Procedures>(See popup screen)

Please let us know if our answers have helped you.

Good luck,

Eva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. I see that PR00 is not having values the incompletion log message will be displayed if there missing value for PR00.

Is this a SAP standard behavior ? I know that generally condition types can be set as mandatory in pricing procedure but are there condition types or fields that by default and standard behavior of SAP, the system will trigger the incompletion log message if values are missing? That means fields or info that are hardcoded as incompletion item.

-No it is NOT standard behavior. In order to set the pricing incompletion, the user must check the condition type as mandatory in the pricing procedure.The system by default will not trigger this as the system does not know which pricing condition is needed by the business.

2. Does Mandatory fields in anywhere or in procedures automatically mean incompletion in these fields will trigger an incompletion message or incompletion log messages are only displayed if the fields are set manually in incompletion customizing?

- The incompletion log is the funcitonality provided in the system in order for the user to select certain fields as mandatory and without which the business process can't be completed. So the fields are always set-up by the users in the incompletion procedure in customizing.

3. Does the SAP system determine which fields will be displayed in the incompletion log? My understanding is incompletion are all manually configured. Kindly confirm for me, pls.

- This is correct.

4. Lastly, can i confirm that incompletion log applies to Sales doc, delivery doc and billing doc?

- This is correct.

Regards